This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt Gibson

inline filter
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:22:14 am »
Ive got an inline filter just before the pump. seems its not rater high enough as the hose from the filter to the pump is being squashed due to the pump trying to suck water and the filter not being able to keep up. can anyone recommend a decent inline filter that i can use which will not squash the inlet hose?

EDIT: I've just checked the specs of the filter ive got and its rated at 60lpm. Im using re-enforced braided clear pvc tube too. Not sure why it would be getting squashed..

BDCS

Re: inline filter
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 07:57:10 pm »
Fit the filter to the pump and have the hose between the tank and filter

Matt Gibson

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 08:06:42 pm »
Cheers for the replies. Cant put the filter direct to the pump cause its a cartridge filter and i wont be able to get to it to clean it. think the wire tube is the option. cheers.

Kenny83

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 09:54:14 pm »
I had this problem, i thought it was because my hose was wrm from the engine so was soft, but discovered there was a paper cup in my water tank that had got wrapped around the suction filter in the tank  :-\
Have you checked the filter? is it not blocked at all? what length and bore hose are you using? has it been kinked in anyway in the past at all?
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 05:42:04 pm »
The filter is fine. i dont have an in tank filter, my water feeds straight from the tank outlet then in through a catridge filter then into my pump. hose is brand new. i just dint think its re-enforced enough to be honest. the rest of the hose from the tank to the filter is fine just the hose from the filter to the pump thats the problem.

I think im gonna buy a in tank strainer that screws into the inside of the tank outlet though just to stop any of the bigger stuff. Dunno how im gonna get my hand inside the tank to screw it in though :-\

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »
Our cartridge filter doesn't have hose between it and pump. Just between it and tank.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 07:11:38 pm »
I dont really have enough room i dont think, if i had it screwed straight into the pump, i dont think id be able to get the casing off to clean it out.. Ill have to have a closer look.

How is yours screwed into your pump? with a male/male threaded fitting? My filter housing is both female and so is the pump.

mike roberts

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 07:57:53 pm »
Have you got a pic of the filter your using ?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 08:13:12 pm »
I had one of these - Banjo Y inline filter - between the tank and the pump, very easy to clean out

http://www.allpressuresprayersdirect.co.uk/banjo-filters

Rob ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 08:20:26 pm »
I'm using a similar one to the 2nd one down in robs link. mines go a smaller filter housing and its clear.

mike roberts

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 08:54:59 pm »
Ours are similar to the ones Rob showed very basic, simple wire mesh to remove large debris twigs etc which somehow finds their way into the tank! (Would be interested in upgrading our inline filters to a set 'low' micron level but cant find any! )

Surprised you need anything complicated unless your recycling, Why not change filter to a simpler model mount it a close as poss to pump. For the hose to collapse sounds like there is a 'restriction' from tank to filter  ???

Kenny83

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 09:34:18 pm »
would you just not be aswell using one of these? Much simpler, zero maintenance and the mesh size is tiny so nothing gets through
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRESSURE-WASHER-WATER-SUCTION-FILTER-TUB-DRUM-1-2-3-4-/180389294901?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item2a000a3335
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

Re: inline filter New
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 10:22:24 pm »
Lee,

My machine is set up so it feeds from the bottom of the tank, i originally used a filter like in your link but swapped and set it up the way i have it now.

Mike, The filter im using isnt very complicatied, just a filter housing, a nylon mesh filter and a clear cover that screws over the filter. just your standard cartridge filter. Not sure what micron it is, middle of the road i think. Its rated for high flow, and its sold as a pressure washer inline filter. No restrictions from tank to filter as i said, that hose is fine. originally thought the filter couldnt handle the flow that the pump was trying to suck through it but have found out that it should be able to.

EDIT: its 100mesh, dunno what that is in microns.