This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dean33

first clean chemical
« on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:27 am »
Dose anyone ever use use chemicals on first cleans to help out

Like virosol or tfr to help with black sils or is that defeating the object of advertising we only use pure water?

Spruce

Re: first clean chemical
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:14:09 am »
Hi Dean,

If the window frames and sills are really bad we put a 'line' of Cif on the brush and try to give them a scrub.

These days we point out to the customer when quoting that the grey is built up dirty and seal stains and although we clean the frames, these really need to be restored by hand which will isn't included in the quote - most customers understand that. Anyone who thinks that we should clean the frames as white as when the windows were brand new are going to be a difficult, unhappy customer and IMHO probably best avoided.

Although we clean the door down and will clean hand grease marks off the door around the handle, cleaning off black boot marks on the bottom of the door or other impact marks isn't part of this clean.

We did the local school last year and gave the windows a first clean with a Virosol mix, but I think that the extra time and attention wasn't worth the effort when looking at the final results.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Garrett

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 11:47:22 am »
1st cleans usually use bucket with ecover and water dip in brush for windows, for heavier staining on cladding etc been using B&Q swarfega only £8 5ltrs only on 1st cleans 2nd run much easier

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:50:44 am »
Dose anyone ever use use chemicals on first cleans to help out

Like virosol or tfr to help with black sils or is that defeating the object of advertising we only use pure water?

We never use anything other than Pure Water and brushing.  Never seen the need for chemicals
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dean33

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 01:07:49 pm »
Thanks for that chaps ill give them a try  ;D

Cliff perkins

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 04:51:15 pm »
I never use chemicals on 1st cleans.
If the sills wont come white i tell them its an extra charge to do so.
Never had any problems yet.
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk