This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan Dean (1stclean)

hose ramp
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:00:56 am »
do you think i need to buy my new guy one ???? we never have them where we trade and i dont like them they make my vans look untidy , but i got a feeling people down soth are more likely to claim ???

Simon Gerrard

Re: hose ramp
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:06:45 am »
Susan,
Even if you have them set out on the pavement, the vast majority of people walk around them - bonkers or what? ???

Glynn

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:17:17 pm »
Susan,
Even if you have them set out on the pavement, the vast majority of people walk around them - bonkers or what? ???

True, but if you put the ramp out at least you have made an attempt in safety & this would go in your favour should a claim arise.
No brainer really.
Regards
Glynn

MAX Carpets

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 12:58:50 pm »
Look on Toys R Us site. Get two of the kids bike/skate board ramps and bolt them together, simple & cheap!

peter maybury

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:27:43 pm »
I do a lot of work and on a lot of busy locations and will always use them as I fear a claim. I use cones to shepherd the people towards the ramps,  you would not believe the trouble people go to, not to step foot on the ramps. I have often thought of videoing it as some go to extremes, they will take pushchairs out into busy traffic to avoid the ramps , even move the cones out of the way to climb over the hoses.
I think that in this day and age you need to demonstrate that other people's welfare is one of your considerations and as an essential piece of equipment ramps should have their place on your vehicles as anything else that is needed has.

Peter
www.carpetcleaningcardiff.com

davep

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 06:25:43 pm »
yes i think i will get one sorted out befoure we kick off never used one here but better be safe then sorry  thanks guys

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »
You know what will happen now. You will get one and someone up north will take a tumble.  :-[
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 06:19:17 pm »
You know what will happen now. You will get one and someone up north will take a tumble.  :-[

???

steven Banks

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 02:32:14 pm »
Susan,

I have watched many people walk around the yellow hose ramp. That's the public for you.

garry22

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 06:19:53 pm »
There's one here for £ 75.00    http://www.cleantalk.co.uk/threads/hose-ramp.13050/

wynne jones

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 11:53:59 pm »
There's one here for £ 75.00    http://www.cleantalk.co.uk/threads/hose-ramp.13050/

Just looked at the Toys r us ones, blimey in my day a hoop and a stick was thrupence happeny.

Might as well get the proper jobby. Nice find Garry.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: hose ramp New
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 11:01:55 pm »
thanks for the link found him on here as well so finger crossed been to busy this week sorting a car show out  :'(