This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

something on the glass
« on: August 18, 2012, 07:34:47 pm »
You know when you can feel something on the glass though the bristles when cleaning a first or second floor window, but can't see anything? Maybe it's some brick acid, or some spots of pva type stuff.
Do you get the ladders out and have a look or just leave it?
I did a new customer on Friday and could feel something but it wasn't visible. Customer has just text me saying all was ok apart from this particular window {could feel it over most of the pane}. Just wondering what others do.

Steve Sed

Re: something on the glass
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 07:38:03 pm »
Leave it. Sometimes if it's obvious, attach a credit card to the brush and scrape.

magic moments

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 08:24:46 pm »
To me its about how much is the clean,if you charged a good first clean price and you believe they will stay regular I would get ladders off.....
If you charged a regular price I would leave it untill next time.

davids3511

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 09:04:58 pm »
If they phrased it as a complaint rather than a 'have a look the next time' I would go back and have a proper look. That way you look like you care. At the end of the day they paid for clean windows and you undertook to provide that. Lots of trades would just not go back so you may make a custy for life by being seen to care about your standard of work.

magic moments

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:18:56 pm »
I again would be cautious ,you could spend a couple of hours messing around and they may just want a one off,just risk it if they cancel move on so many more... can't please everyone.

keyser soze

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 09:52:10 pm »
If they phrased it as a complaint rather than a 'have a look the next time' I would go back and have a proper look. That way you look like you care. At the end of the day they paid for clean windows and you undertook to provide that. Lots of trades would just not go back so you may make a custy for life by being seen to care about your standard of work.

this is a professional window cleaner...

ben M

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 10:14:53 pm »

i totally agree

gavinb

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 11:41:23 pm »
In my opinion you are offering a service of cleaning the windows
So if there's something on the glass get the ladders off and clean it !

Steve Sed

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 09:37:39 am »

i totally agree
So do I. Emphasis on professional. Job... Paid. If they want a quote for reconditioning the window then do it or lose the job. Let them get another mug to do it for free.