This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blast Away

Multi Storey Car Parks
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:05:40 pm »
Has anyone done any pressure washing of multi storey car parks?

Rob_Mac

Re: Multi Storey Car Parks
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »
I've priced a few and done several mezzanine level car parks. Doing one this week. Take lots of hose!!

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »
Biggest car park I have cleaned to date was 22000 SQM - in Wakefield - I thought that was never going to end.

Highest multi storey I have looked at was 11 levels - that got me thinking!!!

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:39:56 pm »
2 I've priced for have dry risers with hydrants on every level.

Small van up to top with trailer. Trolley PW's, IBC's, distribute water and move the IBC's around with one of these;

Interested in any problems anyone has had.

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »
You do know that dry risers are infact dry and designed to be connected to a fire engine  ;D Pigeon and seagull feathers block the gully grills really easily

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 10:05:37 pm »
God that reminded me of why I have 250 metres of 2 inch hose in the unit!!!!!

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 10:23:45 pm »
You do know that dry risers are infact dry and designed to be connected to a fire engine  ;D Pigeon and seagull feathers block the gully grills really easily

There's a FH in the ground 3 meters away. Will that not force it up to the top level?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 10:45:57 pm »
Watching Peter kaye so here goes.

Seem to be doing a lot of copy/pasting today

Wet Rising and Dry rising mains are intended for use by the Fire Brigade or other trained personnel. They provide a readily available means of delivering considerable quantities of water to extinguish or to prevent the spread of fire.

Dry risers are vertical mains fitted into staircase enclosures or other suitable positions, with outlet valves on each floor and inlets fitted at ground level to enable the fire brigade to connect to the water supply.
Dry risers have to have fire engine access within 18m of the dry riser inlet box.

Wet risers are vertical mains kept permanently charged with water, either from a storage tank (via a booster pump) or direct from the town's main water supply. Before installing dry or wet rising mains the exact requirements of the local fire brigade must be ascertained.

Dry rising mains should be installed in buildings where any floor is at a height between 11 and 50 metres above ground level or where any floors are more than 10m below ground floor level. Any buildings over 50 metres will require a wet riser to be installed in accordance with BS9990/2006.
Site engineers will fabricate on site and make sure installation is done to design drawings. Any alterations will be dealt with as soon as they arise. Viva Fire Protection do not use sub-contractors, we have our own teams of engineers with well over 25 years combined experience within the industry. Therefore we can guarantee all projects undertaken will adhere to our highest standards. We also allocate a dedicated project manager and site supervisor to each project.

I woud say that the fire engine is forcing the water. This is taking me back about five years - had all the same problems!!

Rob ;D

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 03:34:11 pm »
Hire a ride on combi scrubber to do the main area then pressure wash around the sides & walls.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 05:33:18 pm »
Lee

I was driving to Darlington when I got your email, so apologies if the reply was short. 

I don't know how many times you sent it but I think ~I got six of the same email ;D

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »
Hire a ride on combi scrubber to do the main area then pressure wash around the sides & walls.

Is that what you would do? This industry is f***ed! I do a proper job. It involves gum removal too.

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 08:07:23 pm »
A proper job doesnt mean you have to pressure wash everything.
There are other methods available.
Gum removal would need hot pressure wash fair enough.
Dont mean you have to do it all the hard way.

;D

mike roberts

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 09:00:45 pm »

Sounds like a good option to me - right chems could be far quicker, cheaper & easier.
Right pads / brushes / machine, sure the majority of gum will come off, combined with trad hot box for spotting....  why not  ??? Lee be nice  ;D ;D

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »
A combi scrubber that runs on LPG can cover 10,000 square metres in an hour.

Blast Away

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 09:19:30 pm »

Sounds like a good option to me - right chems could be far quicker, cheaper & easier.
Right pads / brushes / machine, sure the majority of gum will come off, combined with trad hot box for spotting....  why not  ??? Lee be nice  ;D ;D

Did I wake you up mate, where've you been hiding?  ;)

Believe me these need pressure washing. That's all I have to say.  ;D

Alan McTernan

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »
I suppose the ramps will be easy to clean just pour some chemical down from the top and watch it do the work ;D