This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

part time employing
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:14:43 pm »
where do ye even begin with this?

what do you have to do and what are you required to do etc? pay rates, holidays, and so on.

Starting to look further ahead now.

Richard iSparkle

Re: part time employing
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:26:21 am »
exactly the same as full time employment just less hours.  all benefits...  holidays, sick pay whatever are the same as fulll time, but worked out pro rata.  so in effect, if they work 4 hrs a day, then a days holiday for them will be 4 hrs holiday pay.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:36:48 am »
I've just done this call me tomorrow Friday if u want to know how I went about it
0754 006 5555

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 01:32:14 pm »
another couple of points when employing and employing part time

if you are taking on employees you will need a employment contract and they must be given to them within 3 months of starting work.

You will need employers insurance, you can get this either as a seperate policy or a joint PPL and Employees policy

If you are taking them on part time, try and give them 24 hours a week, this way they will be elligible for full working tax and child tax credits

Do not worry about sick pay, maternity/paternity pay, although you have to make the payment to your employee the inland revenue pay it back to you

you can do the pay slips yourself and use the inland revenue website to work out the pay but I let my accountant do this

You will also have to pay NI for the employee, this will depend on their wage and its paid to the revenue every 3 months, they will send you a bill, just pay it via internet banking

and finally you need to take more notice of H & S, being a sole trader and falling from height and hurting yourself, well the HSE won't look at you, but if your employee has an accident and its serious then they will become involved.

apart from that its a breeze, good luck

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:16:13 pm »
another couple of points when employing and employing part time

if you are taking on employees you will need a employment contract and they must be given to them within 3 months of starting work.

You will need employers insurance, you can get this either as a seperate policy or a joint PPL and Employees policy

If you are taking them on part time, try and give them 24 hours a week, this way they will be elligible for full working tax and child tax credits

Do not worry about sick pay, maternity/paternity pay, although you have to make the payment to your employee the inland revenue pay it back to you

you can do the pay slips yourself and use the inland revenue website to work out the pay but I let my accountant do this

You will also have to pay NI for the employee, this will depend on their wage and its paid to the revenue every 3 months, they will send you a bill, just pay it via internet banking

and finally you need to take more notice of H & S, being a sole trader and falling from height and hurting yourself, well the HSE won't look at you, but if your employee has an accident and its serious then they will become involved.

apart from that its a breeze, good luck
Depending on their circumstances,they may have to work 30 hours to be elegible for tax credits(this is in Scotland,could be different in England)Employees pay their own N.I,employers pay employers N.I

robertphil

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:55:47 pm »
when interviewing ,dont make a decision on the day.  have your partner or somebody with you to get their opinion on the interviewee

i made a mistake taking on a whats been a real troublemaker cos i  rushed in