This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

some wooden frames jobs aghhhh
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:11:31 pm »
no matter how many times i clean them they never come up good. Tried pencil jets on them, fans, mono brush and flocked.

nightmare

rosskesava

Re: some wooden frames jobs aghhhh
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:27:55 pm »
The other day I ended up using about 80ltrs of water on 3 wooden windows before I gave up using the wfp. Each one had 20 small panes of glass about 12" square.

Not only was the paint all flaky which ended up stuck all over the glass but the white from the paint was leaching out and running down the glass as well. It's one of the few jobs I've done where the windows looked worse after I'd done them wfp.

I ended up getting the ladders off. What I thought would be a doddle of a tenner ended up being a nightmare clean. It took me well over an hour.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:39:40 am »
there is a way i deal with these lads!i either avoid the frames with wfp,trad them or dump the job!

simple really!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:23:11 am »
what i do is the best i can in reasonable time, and then leave.  more often than not the customers are happy, especially if you've pre warned them about spotting on the first cleans.  after a couple of cleans they often come up even better than upvc windows in my experience.  some times i think we are in danger of being far more picky than the customers.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

jim bean

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 10:14:24 am »
Trad um! Wooden frames are easy work compared to White PVC when tradding!
Only problem I find is they often don't have any rubber and will erode your squeegee rubber very quickly.