This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robertphil

sorting out an EX (employee)
« on: August 14, 2012, 10:03:55 pm »
any tips forthcoming?  an ex of mine has been going round my custies offering to do them at a cheaper price. fortunate for me he hasnt got the customer list altho iv lost about 4 so far cos he knew the price and they took the cheaper bait. the very loyal customers arent intrested in him ,annoyed at his cheek

iv a feeling he wont stop ,unless i stop him somehow .   

my tip for all you employers is if you know you have a troublemaker on the staff,get rid ASAP no matter how good a cleaner they are 

richywilts

Re: sorting out an EX (employee)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:26:45 pm »
im going thru similar scenario at minute but im not worried to be fair im more annoyed coz my customers are confused who hes working for and i think hes picked up work while working for me theyve seen him in my signwritten van and now ring me with queries im now not speaking to him
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 12:20:18 am »
If memory serves right from my trade union official days, it is illegally for an ex employee to steal your customers, if that is any help.
Something to do with it being your 'intellectual property' no pun intended.
Google it. But personally I would take it on the chin. The again I'm pretty much stress free after hitting rock bottom due to stress related problem

Johnny B

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 12:21:54 am »
I suggest you let your customers know he doesn't work for you any more but is poaching your work. If they are loyal you have nothing to worry about.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 12:35:31 am »
Move on. The world is not waiting for you to catch uP. life's short, enjoy it. Let it go.

ben M

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:29:39 am »
Move on. The world is not waiting for you to catch uP. life's short, enjoy it. Let it go.
??? ??? ???

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:56 am »
Thats why you should have a correctly worded contract of employment, in mine there are clauses concerninng what the ex-employee can and cannot do, and targeting my customers or using confidential information they have gained though their employment is a big no no and whats more important it will stand up in court, so they will end up paying me a lot more than they have gained from these customers.

g.brookes

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:06 am »
i dont understand, how would getting rid help in this situation? they would just do it anyway.  like above says, you need to get them to sign a contract to stop this happening.  dont wanna sound smug but you really should have sorted that out

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:43 am »
any tips forthcoming?  an ex of mine has been going round my custies offering to do them at a cheaper price. fortunate for me he hasnt got the customer list altho iv lost about 4 so far cos he knew the price and they took the cheaper bait. the very loyal customers arent intrested in him ,annoyed at his cheek

my tip for all you employers is if you know you have a troublemaker on the staff,get rid ASAP no matter how good a cleaner they are 

If he's competing on price alone then you're losing customers you can do without anyway.  It's a cheap way to find them.  When he gives up (and he will) you can quote them any price you feel like if they try to come back.

Vin

steve rix

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 02:02:44 pm »
Thats why you should have a correctly worded contract of employment, in mine there are clauses concerninng what the ex-employee can and cannot do, and targeting my customers or using confidential information they have gained though their employment is a big no no and whats more important it will stand up in court, so they will end up paying me a lot more than they have gained from these customers.

Agree. It's called a restraint of trade clause and it works. I know Ive used it!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:38 pm »

If he's competing on price alone then you're losing customers you can do without anyway.  It's a cheap way to find them.  When he gives up (and he will) you can quote them any price you feel like if they try to come back.

Vin

Top post Vin.
It's a game of three halves!

paul13

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 09:51:11 pm »
This happened to me it's hard to take especially when he's your uncle ::)

mac74

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:15 pm »
I reckon 4 him to do that is low, it would be hard to not take it personal! (if IT! is as clean cut as that?) Why didnt he just door knock elsewhere? I would feel VERY upset  >:( >:( >:( >:(

robertphil

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 07:30:08 am »
I reckon 4 him to do that is low, it would be hard to not take it personal! (if IT! is as clean cut as that?) Why didnt he just door knock elsewhere? I would feel VERY upset  >:( >:( >:( >:(
   i reckon he decided to do it because his face is already known at these houses. However not many have changed over to him far as i know . 

i believe hes trying to get a slice of my work to get himself started . he is calling his biz a similar name to mine ,same van +colour and working in exactly the same areas

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 08:15:56 am »
single white window cleaner!!

i think i would have to resort to violence and intimidation mate.he is BANG OUT OF ORDER!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 06:14:45 pm »
single white window cleaner!!

i think i would have to resort to violence and intimidation mate.he is BANG OUT OF ORDER!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

kinda of agree but imagine headlines if bobby was to resort to this best thing bobby can do is to ignore this div which i know is easier to do than said or failing that go buy a bally and find a dark spot with no cctv  :o

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 08:05:40 pm »
my mate tod me once when a trad was telling me to 'stay out of his patch':

Follow him on his round and throw mud up all the windows he cleans just after he finishes them. Then stand in their front garden and spin your pole around like its a nunchuck.

Made me laugh anyway.

Granny

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »
Hi
Shows the danger of "casually" employing.
Mate here went out to clean his take aways and shops in the town centre only to be told they had already been done and paid for the day before!
Someone he'd taken on to "help out" knew the jobs - days - prices and took advantage.
G.

brynley

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 09:07:30 pm »
i don't get problems ,  i'm a big bas***d so don't need contracts, sorted