This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fin Clearview

Newbie wfp problems..help pls fellas
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:57 pm »
Right had the pole a week or so now and got a few issues...

First one that's drove me mad today is I have new gardiner slx 22ft pole, I lost count of the amount of times the hose disconnected from the brush, probably as I was treading on it. Is there anything that can be used to prevent this (apart from me not standing on it!?

Second up is my 650l static tank at home is only filling about 400l a day now on my 300 ro, probably due to the water pressure being rubbish and the tds is coming out at 17. As I'm sizing up to a bigger van soon with a 600 tank on board, I'm worried about not producing enough water to get me through the day especially as I'm cleaning all my regulars for the first time on the wfp and using loads of water. Do you think I should go for a booster ( if so which one?) or a new ro ( don't want to really as spent a few quid on this new 300 only a couple of weeks ago).

Cheers

g.brookes

Re: Newbie wfp problems..help pls fellas
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:07:14 pm »
pretty much just dont stand on it to e honest.  if it doesnt come out when you put your full body weight on it then it wont come out when you need to pull it off with your arms.

with regards to the RO, i dont know much about them but it pretty much sounds like you need a better one

Steve_c

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:12:22 pm »
Get a 40 40 with pre filters. fit a booster pump or buy a low pressure 40 40.
As for the pole mate stop treading on the pole hose, ;D how you can achieve this is by simply holding some of the hose along the shaft of the pole.

steven ainger

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:18:35 pm »
How is your pole hose connecting to your brush, Y piece or john guest connector.
If its a john guest use an aqua-dapter hose insert, i think gardiners sell something similar to. The hose wont pull out then

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:24:29 pm »
Right had the pole a week or so now and got a few issues...

First one that's drove me mad today is I have new gardiner slx 22ft pole, I lost count of the amount of times the hose disconnected from the brush, probably as I was treading on it. Is there anything that can be used to prevent this (apart from me not standing on it!?

Cheers

Did this dis-connect from the T connector on the brush? This can occasionally happen if it is pulled hard enough.

If you are prone to stepping on the pole hose then you can stop this by one of three possible ways:
1. Firstly you can cut off the end of the pole hose (to give a fresh end) and refit to the connector - this may be all that is needed to get a good grip.
2. Fit a small jubilee type clip to this hose connection.
3.Another way would be to wrap several wraps of electrical tape around the pole hose below the T connector to stop the hose being able to be pulled through the hole in the Resi-Neck.

brianbarber

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 10:20:38 pm »
Listen,
Just cos your a newbie, trust me, it still happens once a week to me....

Thanks for the tip Alex, I'm going on a put an O ring clip on it, when your doing a 3rd storey window....it ain't funny.

Alex......any news on the bumper....?

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Roy Harding

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »
I have used small zip ties.

Roy

John pearce

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 01:10:37 am »
Listen,
Just cos your a newbie, trust me, it still happens once a week to me....

Thanks for the tip Alex, I'm going on a put an O ring clip on it, when your doing a 3rd storey window....it ain't funny.

Alex......any news on the bumper....?

Mr B
they told me couple of weeks..... maybe

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 07:29:09 am »
re ro - i dont kno what you have but certainly upgrading it would be good with either a booster pump or up to a 450.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Fin Clearview

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 10:27:42 pm »
Cheers Alex and everyone else, I went for the eleci tape option and it worked a treat. Yesterday it was coming out of the John guest connector and then falling down through the resi neck then down the pole. 

Ro wise, still not sure whether to improve my 300 with a booster or just resell it and go for a 40 40, pure freedom tell me their booster should improve the ro output by 3 times. Is this about right? If it is I see no reason to go for the 40 40.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 11:26:30 pm »
Cheers Alex and everyone else, I went for the eleci tape option and it worked a treat. Yesterday it was coming out of the John guest connector and then falling down through the resi neck then down the pole. 

Ro wise, still not sure whether to improve my 300 with a booster or just resell it and go for a 40 40, pure freedom tell me their booster should improve the ro output by 3 times. Is this about right? If it is I see no reason to go for the 40 40.

I did the bit in red with gaffer tape.

I have a 300gpd and 400L pure in 24 hrs is what I get. I have over 2500L of storage and just let it run all weekend - and I harvest some off of the roof too. (about 10%)

I have 2 men - and use about 650 a day 4 days a week.
It's a game of three halves!

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 12:02:57 am »
I'd go for the better ro mate boosters use electricity which costs money you'll be better off in long run:-)
Rob Clarke

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 06:40:48 am »
Use tye wires on the hose to the t joint and you can up grade to a larger capacity membrane that will fit into you r.o and also fit a booster pump which will increase your water flow insubstantially. I got one from John Hewitt at a very good price   Company name EXTEND TO WASH his a good guy that gives good advice to.Best to call him at the end of the day as he still cleans window. ;D ;D ;D