This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slash

Re: How many days a week do you work
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 10:58:31 am »
6 days for me,I am higly in demand,it would be different if I had no work but why have sausages when you can have steak,more work is more money therfore more nice things I life!

Steve CM

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 11:01:22 am »
I work 1 hour a week to do invoicing

carlbrittain

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 01:05:01 pm »
i work tuesday to thursday 8 to 1-2. then have a long weekend every weekend :) depending on weather :(

davids3511

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 01:09:46 pm »
i am gonna be heading back to uni part time in september so only gonna be working 3 days a week.  when you can make 200 a  day if you work hard, i dont see any point in working 5 days a week unless you have a big family and/or feel the need to show everyone how rich you are with a fancy car
That's fine once you have a plan for retirement. I wouldn't want to be rlying on state hand outs in 2o years time. There's so much ageism right now with 'they've had it all, we are stuck with tuition fees, no work......' I don't think we will get much when we retire.

g.brookes

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 06:15:38 pm »
i think pension wise the country is gonna be in a complete state in 40 years time anyway.  i wouldnt be surprised if there is no state pension by then.
i am not planning on relying on the state.  if i can ideally make nearly a grand a week then thats more than enough money

Frankybadboy

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 07:04:24 pm »
dont work wednesday has i have to sign on and get me dole money ;D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 10:42:56 pm »
I have to keep my hours down to get maximum child tax credits, job seekers allowance and walk with a limp to get my disability benefits. On the weekend I look after my mum so that boosts my pay with the carers allowance.
I brake really hard at roundabouts these days too - I've made a fortune with whiplash claims.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 11:32:47 am »
I have to keep my hours down to get maximum child tax credits, job seekers allowance and walk with a limp to get my disability benefits. On the weekend I look after my mum so that boosts my pay with the carers allowance.
I brake really hard at roundabouts these days too - I've made a fortune with whiplash claims.

lol, some of you guys should think about a career in the comedy industry!  ;D observational comedy is one of the best forms, cos everything you just said there is so true. infact i know a couple of people who seem to do just what youve mentioned ("seem to" incase the authority is wactching  ;))

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 11:46:34 am »
It's a lifestyle choice this job.  ;)

I've found the 'skip' button on George really handy for keeping tax at bay. I'm only just breaking even these days  :-[

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:52 pm »
I only do £20 per day and work at least 9 hours. I pay more than that out in tax too  >:(

H2GoKent

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:06 pm »
I work four longish days and try and have fridays off. I usually manage  ;)
That's the day for me and my missus, or sometimes a game of golf with some lads.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Sean Dyer

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 07:45:39 pm »
My schedule at the minute is to smash most of my work mon-wed  , thursday off and finish any left overs friday morning

Seems to be working ok,  i can do 3 biggish days though now im wfp and i have some early morning comercial thrown in the mix too

Although i quoted a big house at weekend which will throw a spanner in the works as its a  days work so will have to have one of my thursdays in there :(

I reckon a good mix between 3-4 hard days work and a day off is great if you can afford it

I have never been a fan of 5 days work, maybe im inherently lazy

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 03:25:57 pm »
My schedule at the minute is to smash most of my work mon-wed  , thursday off and finish any left overs friday morning

Seems to be working ok,  i can do 3 biggish days though now im wfp and i have some early morning comercial thrown in the mix too

Although i quoted a big house at weekend which will throw a spanner in the works as its a  days work so will have to have one of my thursdays in there :(

I reckon a good mix between 3-4 hard days work and a day off is great if you can afford it

What house is that? buckingham palace? bruce wayne's mansion?

hope you're charging a good day's wages :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 09:03:00 pm »
Available for four days a week - usually get it done in 3 X 7 hrs and a half day for rain dodging, tinkering and paperwork.
It's a game of three halves!

gary999

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 09:24:09 pm »
oooooh! its just like the early seventies on here with all these three day weeks

let me know when they turn the power off ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 09:31:28 am »

Its a 5-6 bedroom detached place in wilmslow cheshire and it also has a small 1 bedroom property and all the windows are gerogian and its to be done in an out every 4 weeks !
500 panes in and out as well as loads of georgian partition glass and mirrors etc, not heard back if i got it yet but i had to go in with a reasonable day rate really as i already clean her friends windows and the previous cleaner charged £120 for the lot !! unbelievable ..
still its about 5 hours work with no collecting, but im classing it as a day as i will be goosed after all that inside polishing :)

Tony Edwards

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 09:41:59 am »

Its a 5-6 bedroom detached place in wilmslow cheshire and it also has a small 1 bedroom property and all the windows are gerogian and its to be done in an out every 4 weeks !
500 panes in and out as well as loads of georgian partition glass and mirrors etc, not heard back if i got it yet but i had to go in with a reasonable day rate really as i already clean her friends windows and the previous cleaner charged £120 for the lot !! unbelievable ..
still its about 5 hours work with no collecting, but im classing it as a day as i will be goosed after all that inside polishing :)

So you charging more or less lol ?

ben smith1234

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 02:15:42 pm »
im currently working 7 days a week. leave home at 8am and not getting home till 8pm sometimes 9pm. cant complain as business is really good :)

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 04:55:57 pm »
Got a wife, 3 kids, 2 nice cars and van,  2 dogs, 2 cats, nice holidays, 5 bed bungalow, swimming pool, savings, a good pension, and don't scounge nothing of no one.

I like luxurys in life, to work 3 days a week you ain't going to them. 
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk