This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

boshravie

Over The Hill
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:52:51 pm »
Here is a true story that i think most of will enjoy reading.

Dale Carnegie, Norman Vincent Peale and Napolean Hill were all over 45 years old before their major works were published.  The world would no doubt be a different place today if these great men had not made the great contributions they did.  They didn’t buy into the over-the-hill myth which seems to affect people with increasing energy the closer they move to the big six-zero.

Did you know that Michelangelo was 72 years old when he asked Pope Paul III to design and build St. Peters dome at the Vatican?  Did you hear me, 72 years old!  When most of his contemporaries where looking at sunsets, drinking prune juice and waiting for their home coming, Michelangelo was preparing to make architectural history.

Did you know that Colonel Sanders started the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken Corporation with his first social security check?  Golda Meir was 75 when she became the first female Prime Minister of Israel.

Regardless of your age, never give in to the idea that it’s too late for you to achieve great success.  Today is the day to begin striving and working toward accomplishment.  Today is the day of new beginnings.  Let’s face it, this is it folks!  This isn’t some practice run.  What are you going to do with the time you have remaining?

Are you aware that if you are 40 years old you have spent 14,600 days on this earth and if you agree with the life expectancy of 70 years, you have only 10,950 left!  If you are 50 only 7,300!  What do you want to do with the rest of your life?  Make a magnificent picture of what you can do, then do it.  You can change the world!

*Hector*

Re: Over The Hill
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:59:51 pm »
Nah ......
can't be bovverd

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:26:52 pm »

Dale Carnegie, Norman Vincent Peale and Napolean Hill were all over 45 years old before their major works were published.  The world would no doubt be a different place today if these great men had not made the great contributions they did.  They didn’t buy into the over-the-hill myth which seems to affect people with increasing energy the closer they move to the big six-zero.

Did you know that Michelangelo was 72 years old when he asked Pope Paul III to design and build St. Peters dome at the Vatican?  Did you hear me, 72 years old!  When most of his contemporaries where looking at sunsets, drinking prune juice and waiting for their home coming, Michelangelo was preparing to make architectural history.

Did you know that Colonel Sanders started the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken Corporation with his first social security check?  Golda Meir was 75 when she became the first female Prime Minister of Israel.

Regardless of your age, never give in to the idea that it’s too late for you to achieve great success.  Today is the day to begin striving and working toward accomplishment.  Today is the day of new beginnings.  Let’s face it, this is it folks!  This isn’t some practice run.  What are you going to do with the time you have remaining?

Are you aware that if you are 40 years old you have spent 14,600 days on this earth and if you agree with the life expectancy of 70 years, you have only 10,950 left!  If you are 50 only 7,300!  What do you want to do with the rest of your life?  Make a magnificent picture of what you can do, then do it.  You can change the world!

Too damned right.  I'm going to spend the rest of my days typing motivational posts on window cleaning forums.  I will go down in the anals (sp intentional) of history.

*Hector*

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:54:34 pm »

Too damned right.  I'm going to spend the rest of my days typing NON motivational posts on window cleaning forums.  I will go down in the anals (sp intentional) of history.

corrected that for you Paul  ;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Tom White

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:15:58 pm »
You can change the world!

It's more practical to change yourself.  Besides, we die, and all your stuff gets flogged and people go on cruises with your inheritance; and the government takes a big chunk too if you die with too much stuff.

Unless you're royalty; then you're exempt.

Life is poo, gets poo-y-er, and then we die.  Accept it; it makes getting cancer easier.

Now, after that dose of reality, should this remain in the Window Cleaning section or shall I move it?

bumper

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »
sooner the better for me no balls to jump of multi storey carpark

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 05:11:25 pm »
sooner the better for me no balls to jump of multi storey carpark

Do you remember when you were 16 years old, Bumper, and the World seemed an exciting place and life was  one big adventure?  And then you've blinked, at you're right at where you are now!  Death will be like that, mate; you don't have to hurry it along with a multi storey carpark jump.  You'll blink, and death will be breathing down your neck.

Everyone dies, mate, even the millions that were once told they would never die, have just about all died.

Still, cheer up; there's no need to be miserable about it, eh?  :'(

boshravie

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 05:29:03 pm »
Don’t remove it Tosh,  :)
it’s a great inspiration for people to read.

As you know our type of jobs are not glamorous and we work hard for our money, so this will give our members lot hope to carry on and do even better in their life.

Carl2009

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 05:43:52 pm »
I'd like to see Michaelangelo poling an awkward window above a connie using a fibre glass pole with a 12" Vikan cill brush on it at 72. ;)

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 11:50:04 am »
All this talk of imminent death is giving me the willies, stop it, and that posting has just depressed the sh it out of me.
It's times like this I wish I was like my dog. He does'nt know he is going to die and just lives every single second of his life in the moment. He never think's where he will be tomorrow or where he was yesterday.
He worries about bugger all. When they say it's a dogs life, they are a mile out.

Flash..

Re: Over The Hill New
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 02:53:56 pm »
All this talk of imminent death is giving me the willies, stop it, and that posting has just depressed the sh it out of me.
It's times like this I wish I was like my dog. He does'nt know he is going to die and just lives every single second of his life in the moment. He never think's where he will be tomorrow or where he was yesterday.
He worries about bugger all. When they say it's a dogs life, they are a mile out.

And not only that after a hard day on the glass you could lick your own balls :P