This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr smear

wfp speed and technique
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:56:14 pm »
Just wondered any tips for speed and technique. Been doing wfp about a year. But as i work on my own it's hard to know where i could improve. I am quite slow from what some people say eg some w/c say they  do 25 houses a day etc 
Any good you tube videos I looked and haven't any.
I clean all of frames and sills after wfp with cloth  is that too thorough. Got a sill brush.
Reason i'm asking is i don't think i'm earning as much as i should. Tips appreciated.

mlscontractcleaner

Re: wfp speed and technique
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »
You have no need to wipe off the frames and sills with a cloth; do you go up a ladder to do the bedroom windows?????

That would add a lot of time to your day!!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:04:26 pm »
the skill with wfp is speed vs quality.

on regular cleans simply follow the rule on every window of 2 agitations of glass and frames - rinse then 2-4 left to right of sills.

Also on regular cleans with frosted windows, 1 agitation and no rinse, 1-2 on sills.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

john stracey

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:27:26 pm »
to be quicker up your flow rate  8)

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 09:51:55 pm »
dont bother with a flow control device, just use straight from pump on full flow like a low pressure washer, works brilliantly  ;D

mr smear

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:13:23 pm »
No i don't go up ladder that would be excessive. I suppose it is the speed vs quality. I find if your quick lose quality. But at end of day money  more important .Too  HIGH A FLOW USE TOO MUCH WATER AND RESIN COSTS . I do 2 agitations and no rinse on frosted. So maybe no cloth answer or every other clean for frames.
Thanks

bumper

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 05:37:39 am »
what i do is do all  tops wfp then wfp  fan lights  wipe under fan lights and trade bottoms,quick wipe of sill.save on water too.

Banbury Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 06:36:17 am »
you dont need to be wiping anything and deffo not every frame and sill use the brush 2-4 times after rinsing!
Turn up the flow rate as resin is a small cost to what we earn.
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

Granny

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 07:48:07 am »
the skill with wfp is speed vs quality.

on regular cleans simply follow the rule on every window of 2 agitations of glass and frames - rinse then 2-4 left to right of sills.

Also on regular cleans with frosted windows, 1 agitation and no rinse, 1-2 on sills.
Hi not too clear about this?
Do you brush up and down or side to side?
How many times do you rinse? I have been rinsing twice.
And 2-4 times on the sills is this with the flow on?
Thanks
Granny

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 08:21:35 am »
i turn flow off to do sills on regular cleans so i dont wash any dirt out the gaps again. some good advice here btw!

Darranvps

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 08:25:38 am »
The basic idea is to clean the window.

Rinsing - depends on how dirty the window is - maybe the building only gets cleaned once every twelve years, which would need a lot of scrubbing and rinsing.

A window that is cleaned regularly - say once evey four weeks - will be very quick and easy to clean.

So the answer is simply - there is no definate answer as it depends on too many factors that only an experienced window cleaner can know by his/her OWN experiences.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »
If you clean every 4 weeks dont do frames unless they look dirty and try rinsing on the glass  , also get a pole trigger it saves loads of water so that you can work with high flow rate this will save you time.
Spit and polish

ben M

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 01:25:10 pm »
If you clean every 4 weeks dont do frames unless they look dirty and try rinsing on the glass   , also get a pole trigger it saves loads of water so that you can work with high flow rate this will save you time.
why? rinsing off the glass is good too,even better i think! ;)

g.brookes

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 01:52:07 pm »
because its quicker to rinse on the glass and it saves the strain on your body, keeping you going quicker for longer before getting tired

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 02:04:37 pm »
You should know that expert ???
Spit and polish

ben M

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 02:27:49 pm »
because its quicker to rinse on the glass and it saves the strain on your body, keeping you going quicker for longer before getting tired
i am fit so i don't see any difference!  ;D

dean33

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 02:57:03 pm »
What's the technique with rinsing on the glass ?

mr smear

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 11:13:51 am »
Thanks for replies.Saved lot time this week not using cloth on frames and only occassionally wiping sills. Also less rinsing saved lot time. Checked result and fine. So by not going ott earnings much  better. So this way forward from now.