This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PurefectWindowCleaning

Dripping DI...
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:33:21 pm »
Im getting a 'drip-a-second' drip from the male connecter that fits in the DI. Ive heard that DI's do sometimes leak but this is getting silly  ;D

Can these be replaced or should I buy a new DI?

Cheers.

Spruce

Re: Dripping DI...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »
Where is it leaking? If it screws into the housing and that not damaged ie cracked, them wrap the threads on the male connector with a couple of turns of PTFE tape. Put the tape on clockwise with the connector facing you.

If its the connector that's leaking, then the chances are that you can sort it with a new rubber o ring. You can get them of ebay (hozelok o rings) or probably form B & Q or your local garden center.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:19:38 pm »
I think its coming from the connection, I will try some tape then. Cheers Spruce

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:12 pm »
That yellow fitting should also be brass as the brass on plastic will always leek after a time.Then replace the rubber ring seal to get a good fit.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 01:33:03 am »
That yellow fitting should also be brass as the brass on plastic will always leek after a time.Then replace the rubber ring seal to get a good fit.

Ok, ill get that changed ASAP. Cheers

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 07:13:05 am »
Looks like the hose is slipping out of the jaws of the hozelock ring 'cos can see some marks where it was gripped before.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 03:14:53 pm »
Looks like the hose is slipping out of the jaws of the hozelock ring 'cos can see some marks where it was gripped before.

Good spot Mark... but the marks you can see are from the plastic hozelock connection that was on there before I changed it to the brass one yesterday.