This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Do they really work these..??
« on: July 10, 2012, 11:35:35 pm »
Gutter vacs........Do they work or do they leave chunks inside the gutters, ?

Thinking of getting one , but when i see w/cs selling them its obvious they did  not get on with them,

Are there problems which occur? like they dont suck everything up and customers complain in time?

Are cheap ones crap etc?..... or

Should i go with the telescopic pressure washer lance with a "U" Bend and simply blast them out?

Thank You.

geefree

Re: Do they really work these..??
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »
Well thanks,

I will take all that advise on board before spending a fortune on one,

glad i asked,

Thanks again  ;D

Dave.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:36:11 pm »
Used my Karcher Vac again today, think it's 1400watt - worked very well. Domestic job.  I use it with my 2.4kw generator

Jay JCS

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:43:36 pm »
I bought an Eastern Trading one, It's more than adequate @ 3000watts with all 3 motors running. 

Cope's with loads of mulch that accumulates in the gutters.

Much cleaner than PW I'd say.. and quicker and safer than climbing up and down ladders.

The only thing you might need ladders for is if the downpipe is badly blocked, but you can just charge accordingly!

mark blundell

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:23:46 pm »
Hi Gazzasp8

gutter vacuums do work. from my experience having owned a 1200w 2400w and now a 3000w the more power you have the better they work the more they suck out and the quicker the job is done.

I think if you had a telescopic lance with a U bend you would Probably spend more time cleaning the outside of the gutters facias windows and the floor where all the muck would land especially when you come up against a  really blocked gutter.

mark

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:35:10 pm »
Telescopic lance with a U bend are very heavy and a U is not good as you will  have to stand below the gutter you are cleaning.

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:53:30 pm »
I have seen a few being used and they seem to work well enough.