This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin purewater

Rectus fittings RAAAAAHHHHHH
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:25:24 pm »
I am SOOOOO flipping fed up with these its un true!!

1st one i got with my system i had for 8 month untill it broke, this i can live with.

bought some from local place and they lasted a month, annoying

bought some frome gardiners last week put them on today and both fell apart in under 3 hrs..
WHAT IS GOING ON ???

rant over   >:(

are theese rectus 26 worth a punt or are they just going to turn out to be immatation crap as well

kind regads

colin
keep it simple

Nathanael Jones

Re: rectus fittings RAAAAAHHHHHH
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:28:42 pm »
Rectus 19 or rectus 26 are MUCH MUCH better!   ;) ;)

*Hector*

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:43:08 pm »
are they called rectus because they are arse ??

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:59:48 pm »

1st one i got with my system i had for 8 month untill it broke, this i can live with.

bought some frome gardiners last week put them on today and both fell apart in under 3 hrs..
WHAT IS GOING ON ???

rant over   >:(

are theese rectus 26 worth a punt or are they just going to turn out to be immatation crap as well

kind regads

colin

Hi Colin

I presume that you are referring to the Female Rectus type fittings. Your experience follows a familiar pattern with the first ones lasting for many months, the next ones lasting for a few months and the next ones just a few days/hours. This is usually because when replacing the female fitting new male fittings should also be fitted to all of the pole hoses. This is because the original worn/damaged males will damage the next female connectors when in use so that they fail much quicker, by the time you get to the third set of females the males are so worn that they ruin the female fittings within days/weeks. A damaged male plug can damage the female on the very first use - usually this takes the form of the internal mechanism being jammed into either the open position or so that you cannot plug in the male at all.

We do mention on our website that the manufacturers recommend changing male plugs each time you replace the female couplings. Unfortunately for you this is too late and you will need to replace both the now damaged female and the old/worn male fittings.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:08:18 pm »
Spot on there Alex. Mine went the same way until it dawned on me I was ruining the female connectors with an old male I was using on a spare pipe to fill a spray bottle now and again. I had renewed the two males on my poles too.

colin purewater

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:36:50 pm »
Thank you for the reply Alex I ordered males and females and fitted them at the same time, 

Cheers Colin
keep it simple

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:56:58 pm »
Thank you for the reply Alex I ordered males and females and fitted them at the same time,  

Cheers Colin

This is very strange then if all the males you use had been replaced - all it needs is one old male to be used to ruin it. You will need to get the faulty ones back to us so that we can take a look to see what has happened and replace if faulty. Generally I find that we get about 6-8 months from a fitting which is not bad considering the abuse they get. 3 hours is obviously not right!

dmlservices

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 10:47:16 pm »

WHAT IS GOING ON ???

rant over   >:(

kind regads

colin

I switched to rectus 26 brass fittings 18 mths ago, much more reliable, and better flow through fitting.

Daz

king marko

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:38 pm »
Rectus 26 - I suffered with same problems as you mate and it was starting to cost - I've had the 26 fittings now for about 6 months and not had a single problem

dave carroll

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:03:56 am »
the design has been changed. they used to have 5 balls in, this has now been reduced to 4 balls, this makes the internal valve less stable. so more balls the better. i've got a supplyer that gets me the 5 ball variety and they REALLY do last longer. i always carry spares of both M&F and change both at the same time, i've had a 4 ball type fail after 1 use, now THAT'S annoying.
 Dave

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 06:41:49 am »
i dont understand how you guys have all these problems with rectus 21 fittings.i simply spray with WD40 if they jam.i sometimes change the male end at the same time on some pole hoses but not always.

i too find they last at least 6 months before needing replacing.all mine are bought from gardiners as well.
price higher/work harder!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 09:11:54 am »
the design has been changed. they used to have 5 balls in, this has now been reduced to 4 balls, this makes the internal valve less stable. so more balls the better. i've got a supplyer that gets me the 5 ball variety and they REALLY do last longer. i always carry spares of both M&F and change both at the same time, i've had a 4 ball type fail after 1 use, now THAT'S annoying.
 Dave

The EZ-Snaps are a 5 ball-bearing design which I would agree offers much better reliability of internal mechanism.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 12:43:01 pm »
i also switched to rectus 26 about 6 months ago, in these six months i have not changed one of them

david thomas

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 02:57:09 pm »
when is somone going to invent some thing to protect the fitting instead of soft golf balls

LWC

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 03:38:24 pm »
I find another way of saving your fittings is taking the end back to the van so you are not dragging the female end on the floor whilst winding in. Mine last for months, and i havent changed a male end ... well i cant remember since when, although i can see the logic behind that.

Jay JCS

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 03:45:13 pm »
I find another way of saving your fittings is taking the end back to the van so you are not dragging the female end on the floor whilst winding in. Mine last for months, and i havent changed a male end ... well i cant remember since when, although i can see the logic behind that.

Matt,

I couldn't agree more!

Dragging any of the fittings on the floor wears them out much more quickly - kinda obvious!

I use the genuine Rectus 21 fittings from Gardiner Pole Systems and have lasted ages.

It is annoying when they eventually do wear out though.. that's why its a good idea to carry a few spares!  (same goes for all the gear though!)