This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike55

Tank bolted or strapped down?
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:07:10 pm »
General question if anyone can help me out regarding van tanks and insurance.

If the tank is not bolted to the van floor but held with ratchet straps on the anchor points would your insurance company need to be informed as I'm guessing this would not be treated as a van modification but just carrying a load (eg like builders carry loads)?  This is assuming that if the tank is bolted down then the insurance company need to be informed.

Just trying to get my head round it all.....

Any advice appreciated.

wpclean

Re: Tank bolted or strapped down?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:11:41 pm »
I had a tank professionally fitted, because I know that in an accident I want the tank to remain static, and not squash me !            As for the the expense of the insurance . . . . that comes second to in my priorities.

ben M

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:32:17 pm »
I had a tank professionally fitted, because I know that in an accident I want the tank to remain static, and not squash me !            As for the the expense of the insurance . . . . that comes second to in my priorities.
+1

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:28 am »
I have had a accident and I strapped the tank down, it never moved so I was ok, but when I phoned the insurance company to make a claim they where happy that it was strapped down, if though, it was bolted, then they would not have paid out, as they class this a modification.

Always check and get it in writing that the insurance company are happy with you bolting or doing anything that changes your vechicle.

George P

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:55 am »
+1

+2

Mike55

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 02:23:42 pm »
cheers guys