This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike55

Van Tank
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:04:31 pm »
Hi chaps,

I am helping out a mate with switching over to WFP.  I have a quick question regarding fitting the van tank. 

I have my own tank caged, bolted down and ratchet strapped.  Is this necessary or can it just be strapped down as such? 

Also, can the tank be fitted without a cage/frame?  Just wondered how others have got theirs fitted as we would like to get the tank fitted asap.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike #1

Re: Van Tank
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:13:05 pm »
possibly better to have it bolted down ,  And most important i would ask him to phone his insurance company first and tell them of his intentions .

Otherwise he might void his insurance i have a 400 ltr flat tank in back of pickup truck and my previous insurer said they would not insure me if i fitted a diy tank .  Mike

Lee13

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:22:23 pm »
I have mine ratchet strapped down.

My insurer is aware and is fine with it. Like M&M said, you will need to speak to your insurer first.

I have a 400 litre, but soon enough I'll be getting a new van and upgrading, so getting a cage and bolting it down will be a priority for me.

firefly123

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »
if its bolted down its a mod use straps to the eye bolts its then classed has portable  and removeable not altered or modified
shiney one

dd

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:25:31 pm »
All professional system installers bolt tanks - Ionics, Pure Freedom, Brodex and the crash tested system that Alex designed (Grippa Tank?)

EandM

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:52:20 pm »
Hi chaps,

I am helping out a mate with switching over to WFP.  I have a quick question regarding fitting the van tank. 

I have my own tank caged, bolted down and ratchet strapped.  Is this necessary or can it just be strapped down as such? 

Also, can the tank be fitted without a cage/frame?  Just wondered how others have got theirs fitted as we would like to get the tank fitted asap.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

Ask the insurance company specifically what they want.
All insurance companies seem to have different criteria and generalising that this or that is / is not a modification and is / is not exempt is a waste of time.
I've dealt with three separate insurance companies and had three completely different answers to my questions.
Speak to them and if you get no joy speak to someone else.

Mike55

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 02:24:10 pm »
cheers guys

brianbarber

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 06:20:30 pm »
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!