This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Burbidge

Add on's? Increased turnover?
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:23:14 pm »
Hey does anybody currently add the following services to their window cleaning business:

Pressure washing

Glass repair

?

Walter Pole

Re: Add on's? Increased turnover?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 01:21:33 pm »
Pressure washing. Good wet weather work but don't bother with a domestic washer get a decent petrol one. Gutter cleaning with a vac also good to have for wet days.
taking panes to exceed expectations

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 01:42:18 pm »
We do a lot of carpet cleaning and have night club contracts for day to day cleaning, seven days a week. It's great when the weather is bad and it's a good start to the week knowing that we've already got that under our belts before we've even cleaned a window.

The only downside with the carpet cleaning is that you can bet your life that you'll have an appointment to clean one when the weather is nice and you should be out cleaning windows ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 02:03:31 pm »
Pressure washing. Good wet weather work but don't bother with a domestic washer get a decent petrol one. Gutter cleaning with a vac also good to have for wet days.

How long have you been pressure washing? What pressure washer do you have?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 02:04:55 pm »
We do a lot of carpet cleaning and have night club contracts for day to day cleaning, seven days a week. It's great when the weather is bad and it's a good start to the week knowing that we've already got that under our belts before we've even cleaned a window.

The only downside with the carpet cleaning is that you can bet your life that you'll have an appointment to clean one when the weather is nice and you should be out cleaning windows ;D

That is sods law lol

Nightclubs? I bet they get in a state. All sticky under foot on the carpets, puke in the toilets, broken glass......

Walter Pole

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 03:52:07 pm »
The section on this forum on general cleaning has lots of advice on pressure washers...from reading lots of posts I bought 9hp 18 litre per minute machine. I paid for it with 2 jobs in the first week of ownership about May last year. Thing is we both have a captive customer base so promoting this as anad on service is easy.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »
The section on this forum on general cleaning has lots of advice on pressure washers...from reading lots of posts I bought 9hp 18 litre per minute machine. I paid for it with 2 jobs in the first week of ownership about May last year. Thing is we both have a captive customer base so promoting this as anad on service is easy.

I agree Walter... have you tried selling a glass repair services or stain removing service? What do you think about these as add on's?

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 06:55:37 pm »
Hey does anybody currently add the following services to their window cleaning business:

Pressure washing

Glass repair

?
Pressure yes (not a lot though) and the second I have someone I call if this is needed and make a kick back
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Walter Pole

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »
Im sure they could work well. I am a simple soul and enjoy mindless cleaning. I am planning to design a leaflet specifically for people trying to sell their house. A service to maximize the appearance to prospective buyers. This includes windows gutters and all white plastics together with driveway and patio cleaning. I quoted someone last week on exactly this basis. £275.00 to make a run down tiredlooking property look its very best. Any house with a for sale board outside and dirty windows gutters etc is a good target.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »
wow thats cheep, for patio and driveway all gutters windows plastics everything on a run down property i'd want about £800

Walter Pole

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 07:22:46 pm »
It would of course depend on the size of property....

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 07:34:00 pm »
Im sure they could work well. I am a simple soul and enjoy mindless cleaning. I am planning to design a leaflet specifically for people trying to sell their house. A service to maximize the appearance to prospective buyers. This includes windows gutters and all white plastics together with driveway and patio cleaning. I quoted someone last week on exactly this basis. £275.00 to make a run down tiredlooking property look its very best. Any house with a for sale board outside and dirty windows gutters etc is a good target.

Great idea!! So you would deep clean the windows frames etc, right?

g.brookes

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 08:00:56 pm »
should be able to do this in one day so 275 is a very good price i'd say

kevinc

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 08:05:38 pm »
hi lee,i repair windows and doors as an add-on to wc,also gutter repairs etc-things to do on a rainy day

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »

Great idea!! So you would deep clean the windows frames etc, right?
I would offer 2 services the one you want them to take and another one, restoration of windows or just a clean
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

EandM

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 08:40:58 am »
I am, by trade, a painter and have discovered that price is not the main factor in gaining painting work - it's trust.
Well established window cleaning customers will pay very well to have their houses painted by someone that has accountability and doesn't run off with their belongings.
They also know that if I want to keep cleaning their windows I'm going to carry out any painting work properly.
It creates a very good reciprocal arrangement, extra money and the best recommendation possible.

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 10:58:19 pm »
Yup-driveway cleaning& sealing
Lots and lots of work about if you canvass for it
Our leaflet is double sided-wc one side/driveway cleaning t'other
We get 'em both ways then 8)
Also toying with the idea of driveway installation too, but only as kick back from friends who would install them-but under my company name

Roy
we succeed because others can't or won't

aztec

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 08:18:30 am »
Roy you are sounding like our traveller friends!

you will be collecting scrap next!

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 05:34:04 pm »
On the case Lee,on the case  ;)
Quoted that job at £400(the ivy) she ran away with her tail between her legs ;D

Roy
we succeed because others can't or won't

aztec

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 05:41:14 pm »
not surprised mate!