This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

ordered a SUPERMAX 40 compact
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:11:26 am »
another pole to my arsenal!i have a 22ft CLX,25ft SLX,BRODEX 25FT HYDRA,unger ali pole(30ft and a small optiloc for cleaning the van).

hopefully ill be able to clean a lot more solar panels on my customers properties,skylights etc.

also there are some big properties i have my eye on so ill be leafleting and canvassing to try and pick a few up.it will also help for some windows where im struggling to reach with my 25ft SLX.

any of you guys use one? ;) :) :) :)

it gives me more scope to pick up bigger jobs now.

ive ordered it with a pole hose tap as i dont think i want an aqua-daptor on the end of such a long pole!their fine for shorter poles though.

best wishes to everyone.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Lee Pryor

Re: ordered a SUPERMAX 40 compact
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:15:22 am »
we have that pole with the medium dual trim white sill brush. good investment you wont regret. Ive done ground floor windows with it!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:49:38 am »
i have 3 carbon goosenecks now lee

one with a sill brush SOFT DT(BLACK)

second one has a sill brush MEDIUM DT(WHITE)

and the third has a extreme brush MEDIUM DT(white)

so these are all interchangeable with the SLX and SUPERMAX pole depending on the job.

i find the sill brush soft ideal for solar panels and leaded windows and the sill brush medium for regular window cleaning and conny roofs/fascias.

the extreme is also great for maintenance window cleaning on my slx with aqua-daptor.itll come in handy for higher jobs as well with the SUPERMAX.

regards

dazmond

colin purewater

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »
I've been looking at these daz and just out of
Interest why did you go for the 40ft instead of
the 45ft mate?
keep it simple

gazzen

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 12:59:51 pm »
Well done dazmond . let me know how you get on with the pole, intersted as for the same reason as you. may need one for solar cleaning. Any info would be great.
regards
     GAZZEN

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 02:37:49 pm »
lol when was the last time you used the brodex 25 :-)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:52:31 pm »
I've just got the smax 47compact and I've never been disappointed with a Gardiners product untill now , I am quite surprised at how much bend there is on it, I cleaned my velux windows that are in the loft above the 1st floor tonight and the pole was touching the gutters.

I'm thinking if I'm going to clean solar panels with it I may have made a mistake in choosing this pole perhaps the SL2 would have been a better choice

VSP Home Care

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 10:20:56 pm »
I've just got the smax 47compact and I've never been disappointed with a Gardiners product untill now , I am quite surprised at how much bend there is on it, I cleaned my velux windows that are in the loft above the 1st floor tonight and the pole was touching the gutters.

I'm thinking if I'm going to clean solar panels with it I may have made a mistake in choosing this pole perhaps the SL2 would have been a better choice

Did you use a decent Goose neck?   

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 10:25:13 pm »

Did you use a decent Goose neck?   

I have the 10" std carbon gooseneck that it came with

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 08:25:49 am »
mines due for delivery today so i will give an honest review on it in the next few days! ;) :) :) :)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 04:49:00 pm »
Well what do you think Dazmond ... got yours yet?

SPE

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 09:56:28 am »

sorry to jump in on this chris
I got a 40 just a week ago
very happy with it in the main, as its replaced an hxtel I recently sold.
Bought mine with an xtreme standard brush and a qr resi neck with a long neck attachment - makes deep sills and changing angles easy. even been using it on ground floors.
However I think you are right, when used at 45 degrees fully extended to clean velux its only slightly less bendy than my hxtel was, granted it is lighter though.
Never used a superlight modular but do think they would be more suitable for solar panel cleaning especially as there are no clamps to catch on roof line, tiles or guttering.

Very happy with my set up now of two poles, clx 27 for bulk of my work and when I need to be a bit heavy handed and the supermax 40 for the higher or tricky stuff.

Simon

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 10:29:38 pm »

sorry to jump in on this chris
I got a 40 just a week ago
very happy with it in the main, as its replaced an hxtel I recently sold.
Bought mine with an xtreme standard brush and a qr resi neck with a long neck attachment - makes deep sills and changing angles easy. even been using it on ground floors.
However I think you are right, when used at 45 degrees fully extended to clean velux its only slightly less bendy than my hxtel was, granted it is lighter though.
Never used a superlight modular but do think they would be more suitable for solar panel cleaning especially as there are no clamps to catch on roof line, tiles or guttering.

Very happy with my set up now of two poles, clx 27 for bulk of my work and when I need to be a bit heavy handed and the supermax 40 for the higher or tricky stuff.

Simon

Thanks for your input Simon, glad that i'm not the only one that thinks its maybe not the best choice for solar panel cleaning or velux windows at that height

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 07:03:55 am »
was thinking of purchasing the same pole used a mates elite plus 50 with their carbon gooseneck to clean velux rooflights and windows on a 3 storey mews town house at one of his jobs
worked over a conservatory to the rear reached from a small courtyard garden access was thro the house then 3 storey on the front almost vertically and the top floor windows were in a dormer set back behind a small parapet wall very tight location and tricky to reach with traffic parked as well  
stiffer than a parsons prick hardly any bending in the pole at all
would highly recommend but i dont think it has the closed length of the compact which could be a pain and problem as i only have a small van but great pole pretty light to and good in confined working areas
it done the job well
Stand before my gates and be judged

SPE

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 08:30:10 am »
was thinking of purchasing the same pole used a mates elite plus 50 with their carbon gooseneck to clean velux rooflights and windows on a 3 storey mews town house at one of his jobs
worked over a conservatory to the rear reached from a small courtyard garden access was thro the house then 3 storey on the front almost vertically and the top floor windows were in a dormer set back behind a small parapet wall very tight location and tricky to reach with traffic parked as well  
stiffer than a parsons prick hardly any bending in the pole at all
would highly recommend but i dont think it has the closed length of the compact which could be a pain and problem as i only have a small van but great pole pretty light to and good in confined working areas
it done the job well

shame they had none in stock when I wanted to order, the elite was my first choice.
I've never liked the clamps on gardiners poles , not my clx anyway (always needed constant adjustment) however I've just replaced the top two which does seem to have given it a new lease of life for now.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 12:58:59 pm »
hi chris ive got my supermax 40.it looks a very good high level pole.ive put a carbon gooseneck with medium extreme brush on the end.ive not tried it out yet at height as im having a few days off.

ill put my review up next week as ive got a few jobs where ill be using it to clean velux on big houses.

i have extended it fully and it does seem whippy for a carbon pole!! ??? ???

the compact nature of it when fully closed is great.it fits in the van easily.im sure it will be a good investment for me over the coming years for high level window cleaning,solar panel cleaning and velux windows. ;) ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 07:21:41 pm »
At 40ft you really want to be looking at the Xtreme poles.

It's easy to think "it's only another 2 sections more than my slx 30" but those two sections & 10ft make ALL the difference. A different ball game once you reach 40ft I'm afraid.

The Smax & Xtreme is like comparing an alloy brodex to an slx.

However, in reply to the Elite subject- I'm pretty sure the 50ft Elite's are HM carbon? & so shouldn't be compared to an Smax at all. An Xtreme would blow the pants off it though! ;)

redstarwindowcleaners

Re: ordered a SUPERMAX 40 compact New
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 08:07:51 pm »
At 40ft you really want to be looking at the Xtreme poles.

It's easy to think "it's only another 2 sections more than my slx 30" but those two sections & 10ft make ALL the difference. A different ball game once you reach 40ft I'm afraid.

The Smax & Xtreme is like comparing an alloy brodex to an slx.

However, in reply to the Elite subject- I'm pretty sure the 50ft Elite's are HM carbon? & so shouldn't be compared to an Smax at all. An Xtreme would blow the pants off it though! ;)

correct the elite plus 50 is hm cf as is the sl extreme
when making a personal choice the sl extreme is way out of my price range coming in at around a grand plus vat
where as the 2 poles above although different materials  have a similar working height and both are around the same price and 400 quid cheaper than a sl extreme

ive not tried a smax but i think the elite is great value for the money
but the closed lengths of the smax compacts are pulling me towards gardeners as its ideal for my van
for the amount of use it will get i can probably put up with a bit of bending

Stand before my gates and be judged