This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

Y BRUSH conectors
« on: July 07, 2012, 07:12:25 pm »
im fed up of spending money on wrong items,  got 2 clx poles    both have plastic y conection,  ordered a 6mm pushfit to join 6mm pole tubing as its hard to pull tubing off plastis  y conector to change brush.  6mm pushfit arrived  too small i have 8mm yellow tubing,  doogh.   ordered 8mm   y conections from extend2clean   brill i thought  , fitted 8mm pole tube in fitted.    tubing too big to fit onto superlite brush head   must be for 6mm tube.  have to think how to fit 8mm tubing  from pole on to brush head  which is 6mm      any ideas,  may have to buy 2 8mm   single pushfit connectors   and just cut 8mm yellow tubing   near brush head   and just connect back togeather again when changing brushes.  daft little things like this   p..s me off.  need to change brush as water seems to leave mucky water on ledges and upvc,   water is 000 reading. ::)

rosskesava

Re: Y BRUSH conectors
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:34:14 pm »
Been there, done it and got the postcard on numerous occasions.

I've a box full of connectors and loads of tubing and hose of various sizes and lengths all due to buying the wrong size and I've also sometimes felt like tearing my hair out because I've got every size except the one I need or I end up one connector short or something like that.

Worse than that is when I've worked out I can do things a different way with different size hose to find out I'm still one connector short.

I really pleased you posted that because I thought it was just me.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 09:19:26 pm »
im fed up of spending money on wrong items,  got 2 clx poles    both have plastic y conection,  ordered a 6mm pushfit to join 6mm pole tubing as its hard to pull tubing off plastis  y conector to change brush.  6mm pushfit arrived  too small i have 8mm yellow tubing,  doogh.   ordered 8mm   y conections from extend2clean   brill i thought  , fitted 8mm pole tube in fitted.    tubing too big to fit onto superlite brush head   must be for 6mm tube.  have to think how to fit 8mm tubing  from pole on to brush head  which is 6mm      any ideas,  may have to buy 2 8mm   single pushfit connectors   and just cut 8mm yellow tubing   near brush head   and just connect back togeather again when changing brushes.  daft little things like this   p..s me off.  need to change brush as water seems to leave mucky water on ledges and upvc,   water is 000 reading. ::)

Only simple way to do this is to buy a John Guest 8mm straight connector as below:

Then cut the pole hose just below the Tee connector (leaving the jet hose and a short piece of pole hose all connected to the T connector) and insert the 8mm connector.

If you are using our latest Quick Release heads on the CL-X poles then you do not need to do this as you can disconnect from the John Guest connector inside the top of the pole and simply pull the short length of pole hose out through the Resi-neck and then screw off the brush without needing to disconnect the T connector at all.

johnny bravo

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 12:42:44 pm »
this is what i got first but the push fit was only 6mm,    if i got the 8mm first i wouldnt have purchased the 5 y pushfit conectors from ebay  extend2wash   which fit the 8mm pole hose but not the 6mm  clear tubing conecting brush head to plastic t piece,      i will just get a 8mm jguest push fit and cut hose   just below  the plastic t piece.         i now have 5 y pushfit conectors and a 6mm push fit       i will add them to my bag of non needed equipment,     its hard to find a local    retail outlet now to go and check items out.        life goes on.  any more rain i will seriously think about selling up,     cant have a good nite out incase i spend too much money,    when the weather is good   you know you will be making ££££££s    this weather not so good.    ::) :'(

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »
Hi Johnny,

We do the part you were asking for: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=154662.msg1280690#msg1280690

If in doubt you can always call to check.

Paul

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 11:20:55 pm »
yes i need a 8mm reducing to 6mm      all sorted,       just use 8mm  single pushfit,    just cut pole hose and join up. thanks 4 replies. get there in the end    with more stuff i dont need.     all a learning curve.

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 11:42:55 pm »
yes i need a 8mm reducing to 6mm      all sorted,       just use 8mm  single pushfit,    just cut pole hose and join up. thanks 4 replies. get there in the end    with more stuff i dont need.     all a learning curve.
lol I have boxes full of bits I don't need, if only suppliers made universal parts it would help a great deal, they are like mobile chargers, I must have every one available
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)