This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Inskip1991

Starter pole?
« on: July 07, 2012, 07:38:06 am »
As I will be starting up shortly, just wanted some advice on which is the best pole to start off with for residential work?

Obv something that isn't going to cost the earth would be nice  ;) Also I am not sure what length to get so I can comfortably reach gutters, fascias etc.

Total shine cleaning services

Re: Starter pole?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:19:06 am »
If on a budget get the clx 27 from gardiners, will get you unto 3 storeys comfortably and over conservatory roofs easily, if u have a little more to spend then get the slx 25

Graham

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 03:43:50 pm »
CLX 27 will do everything u will need.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 03:47:17 pm »
CLX 27 but get the CLX 18 base section too. Then you just add the extra sections when you need them. I do 90% of my work with my CLX 18
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:11:27 pm »
blue frog is right, clx 27s and 18s will see you right, www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk, also im going to try, www.thewaterfedpolecompany.co.uk, soon although i havent used them yet, they look good to me... the safe bet is gardiners they are generaly accepted now as the best poles you can buy, with them you get top notch afterservice as well.

forget all the big names you have heard of so far most of them are terrible, over priced, poor service crap products, the reason you will have heard of them is just becasue of their advertising budget :- )

familiarise your self with these types

Gardiner Pole Systems
thewindowcleaningwarehouse
pure freedom
some good trad offers - soap national
corwood and co or adapta  - resin etc

Tony Edwards

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 04:38:36 pm »
CLX 27 but get the CLX 18 base section too. Then you just add the extra sections when you need them. I do 90% of my work with my CLX 18

Whats the advantage of having the CLX 18 base section ?

cheers

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 04:41:56 pm »
As i said most of my work is done with my clx 18 - even over connys.

The reason i said to get an 18 base section is that you are not carrying the extra weight that is the clx27

Tony Edwards

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 04:50:53 pm »

Thanks.

Love this place everyone so helpful for a idiot beginner like me !

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 07:39:51 pm »
We were all beginners once Tony ;)

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 08:06:56 pm »
CLX 27 is best.  personally i wouldnt bother with the CLX 18 base sections as it is faff...  but i'm sure it works for some.  dont bother with the SLX until you've been going a while.  i prefer the CLX anyhow myself and its much cheaper.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 08:53:20 pm »
It might be a faff but means less weight  to carry when you dont need it

Inskip1991

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 09:51:04 am »
Thanks for all the comments guys, like Tony said very helpful!

One more question which I am getting confused with, brush heads.......

I know there are different types like flocked, dual, trim etc but what do these mean  ??? Surely you can't just use one brush head because it would get filthy after first cleans etc.

Any more help appreciated.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 09:51:54 am »
CLX 27 is best.  personally i wouldnt bother with the CLX 18 base sections as it is faff...  but i'm sure it works for some.  dont bother with the SLX until you've been going a while.  i prefer the CLX anyhow myself and its much cheaper.

I found the clx 27 too whippy for every day work.
Froggy is right, buy it with a 18' base as the bit of faffing once a day is better than all day with 27'
Art

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 08:48:04 am »
As I will be starting up shortly, just wanted some advice on which is the best pole to start off with for residential work?

Obv something that isn't going to cost the earth would be nice  ;) Also I am not sure what length to get so I can comfortably reach gutters, fascias etc.

if you really want to save money make your own with the Harris pole from bq,£15.00
There are a few vids on you tube on how to make it,i used them for over two years before going to the slx
i am actually going to make a second pole for a part time guy who will be helping me

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 09:31:46 am »
We were all beginners once Tony ;)

So many still are !

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 10:15:47 am »
I agree with this.

the clx 27 is light enough to use all day with all sections intact and will save you time messing about adding and removing sections.

Ideal pole for staff use, as cheap to replace.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 10:35:07 am »
My point about having the 27 and then the 18 base is to take the strain off. There is no need for a 27ft pole on all jobs. I have days where i dont go above 1st floor and my 18 is all i need. Why put pressure on yourself  working with a  27ft pole that has more sections than you need.

As for the faff i can see removing one section and addidng another (as the extra sections will be together) as much of a faff really. one off one on.

Might be easier to have the 27 for those windows and an 18 for the rest.