This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

PDA
« on: June 29, 2012, 06:59:06 pm »
i would like to use george and internet only, can i use only a PDA,if yes, which one please?

ben M

Re: PDA
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:11:02 pm »
anyone could help?

rg1

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 08:14:54 pm »
I think most microsoft PDA's have wi-fi built in but you would then need wi-fi hardware at home to be able to use it.

The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

paul saunders

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:37:23 pm »
George doesn't work via the internet, you must mean Aworka? If you do mean Aworka, then any device with itenet access will work.
Pocket george will only work on devices that use the Palm OS.
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

rg1

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 09:42:21 pm »
I thought he meant that he wanted to use the PDA for George and internet use in general. maybe I'm reading it wrong.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

ben M

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:58:36 pm »
I thought he meant that he wanted to use the PDA for George and internet use in general. maybe I'm reading it wrong.
you are right! ;)

paul saunders

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 10:04:19 pm »
You could be right, I have been known to be wrong once before ;D , if he does mean pocket George and also browse the internet then a Palm phone is what he would need, but, it would still have to use the Palm OS and he would also have to have the use of a windows based pc so that he cold do a hotsync to update the PDA.
If you have a pc then there is no need to have a PDA that can access the internet, unless he wants to use the web while he is out and about.

paul saunders

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 10:09:11 pm »
As far as I know the full George program will not work on anything smaller than a Windows based net book.

ben M

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 10:09:33 pm »
You could be right, I have been known to be wrong once before ;D , if he does mean pocket George and also browse the internet then a Palm phone is what he would need, but, it would still have to use the Palm OS and he would also have to have the use of a windows based pc so that he cold do a hotsync to update the PDA.
If you have a pc then there is no need to have a PDA that can access the internet, unless he wants to use the web while he is out and about.
Thank you Paul, yes i should have said to use george pocket and also browse the internet,excuse my poor english  ;D

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 07:03:51 am »
Got a palm tungsten off eBay for £15, I would not be without it now as pocket George is simple and really efficient

Graham