This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Shepherd

Wasps
« on: June 27, 2012, 07:46:21 pm »
Cleaned a house today that is 3 storey at the rear. It has a decking that I have to use my ladder to get to.
Anyway, Climbed up today jumped onto decking pulled up WFP and started cleaning.

Had only done 1 window when I felt a sting on my leg, looked down and their was loads of wasps coming up between decking boards, I chucked my pole over rail and and shot down ladder. Finished up with 3 stings on leg and one on my hand.

Needless to say I didn't do the back  :D

tacky

Re: Wasps
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »
always carry ant powder with u in summer months the one u squeeze n it puffs out .if u see any wasps going into small holes .or cracks in brickwork .give them a blast .n u wont c them again .if u c a nest bigger than a golf ball .give it a wide berth .

EandM

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »
Did a house near Exeter last month and could hear what I thought was a motorbike coming up the road. Loud enough to hear at distance over my music.  It was a swarm of bees flying at about 20 feet that passed me by without incident. Very pleased they were obviously feeling laid back  ;D

Llaaww

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 10:56:20 pm »
My mate refused to do a couple of windows on the back of a house today, there have been bees in there for the last couple of years and we have cleaned without a problem. Today they were very actice so we just gave it a wide birth, just in case.
if it is dirty it is fair game

Tom White

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 11:04:02 pm »
The wasps nest will die during the Autumn months and the problem will be over then.