This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby p

taking down an old aerial
« on: June 26, 2012, 07:55:54 pm »
whats a proper price for doing this? i ask as although it seems pretty straightforward, how do you hold the aerial as the last bolt is undone. im thinking id need both hands to hold it and its pole , but on the ladder theres the risk if not holding on

i get asked now n then to do this but agreed to it at a house today   and the ladies letting me dig up some of her potatoes as a sweetener

David lyddon

Re: taking down an old aerial
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:10:57 pm »
Forget the aerial not worth the risk of a fall,who would pay out if you had a fall.
seriously m8 as nice as some custies are ,they are getting you on the cheap.
\take the spuds though ;D
regards dave.

mister bit

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:12:38 pm »
digging up potatoes ... is that a euphamism?

just phone an aerial company? quite cheap really sod the spuds

Granny

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:14:42 pm »
Hi bobby p
Get your ladder higher than the aerial.
Get a long enough / strong enough length of rope or wire - it won't have to be too strong.
Loop the rope / wire over a rung higher than the aerial and tie it to the aerial.
Run the length down and tie it to one of the lower rungs or a fixed point on the ground and make it taut.
Undo the bolts and lower the aerial slowly and at your leisure to the ground.
Boil the potatoes for 10 - 15 mins - slightly salt and add pepper to taste - add butter and enjoy!
G.

evo

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:42 pm »
Hi bobby p
Get your ladder higher than the aerial.
Get a long enough / strong enough length of rope or wire - it won't have to be too strong.
Loop the rope / wire over a rung higher than the aerial and tie it to the aerial.
Run the length down and tie it to one of the lower rungs or a fixed point on the ground and make it taut.
Undo the bolts and lower the aerial slowly and at your leisure to the ground.
Boil the potatoes for 10 - 15 mins - slightly salt and add pepper to taste - add butter and enjoy!
G.

lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mister bit

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:30:53 pm »
nice answer granny

i would like to point out that today i purchased from the local co op one kilo of jersey royal potatoes for ONE of my english pounds

they will be lovely boiled with a bit of mint i will add some petit pois ... fozen of course and maybe a bit of salmon ... lovely

it was easy walked to the co op had to cross over a road mind so a bit of danger there but phew it all went ok ... no ladder ... no rope ... no heave ho ... live to fight another day

bobby p

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 08:38:56 pm »
cheers for the answers/aerial tips  lads  ;D

shes told me she was very late putting the seed potatoes in and that the spuds are very tiny but could be okay when i dig em up in 6 weeks time

a lovely lady ,she had a fantastic medical lawyers job in london till she got a stroke due to stress and too much smoking . then became a recluse for a year .
 you know how it is, sometimes somebodys worth going the extra mile for .  
 using the rope trick i can now foresee no risk  and likely 10-20 quid im thinking of charging

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 08:48:44 pm »
Rod Hull's your man.
Well he was until he got cocky and started to try and take them down with one arm shoved up the arse of a daft bird puppet that he knocked about with.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

bobby p

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 09:23:18 pm »
Rod Hull's your man.
Well he was until he got cocky and started to try and take them down with one arm shoved up the arse of a daft bird puppet that he knocked about with.
;D ;D

paul saunders

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:44:40 pm »
Shame on you, the womans giving you some spuds, and you want to charge her 20 nicker for letting you take own her aerial . ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.