This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tomboler

Re: fun video to help with work
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:56:45 pm »
v good g.brookes - enjoyed it

GoodFella2006

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:22:46 pm »
How can i slow that video down???

That chap is speaking like a machine gun  :o

But i got the idea at the end,my target for tomorrow is making 50 pounds,then i will feel positive  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:29:57 am »
not saying its ground breaking, but this video may help you think about work in new ways http://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_work.html

Thanks; I think Ted Talks is a brilliant site.

A screenshot of that talk you stuck up:

While the guy was talking, I was thinking this sounds like 'Buddhism' (though Buddhism doesn't claim to 'own anything', including meditation); but the gratitude, meditation, and random acts of kindness (compassion for others) are all very 'Buddhist' things (though not owned by 'Buddhism').

The guy said that this list of things will increase the amount of dopamine (a natural happy chemical in the brain), and that's very true, however dopamine isn't as fast acting as the stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol.  In fact these stress hormones will cancel out the effects of the 'happy hormones'.

The reason for this is, it's more important to dodge a baseball bat in the face than it is to go get a carrot.  We must dodge the bat, but we can always go get a carrot another day.

And for that reason, most of us will watch the video, and even those who like it will not do anything about it in the form of trying out the suggestions in the screenshot.

boshravie

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:54:22 pm »
not saying its ground breaking, but this video may help you think about work in new ways http://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_work.html

Thanks; I think Ted Talks is a brilliant site.

A screenshot of that talk you stuck up:

While the guy was talking, I was thinking this sounds like 'Buddhism' (though Buddhism doesn't claim to 'own anything', including meditation); but the gratitude, meditation, and random acts of kindness (compassion for others) are all very 'Buddhist' things (though not owned by 'Buddhism').

The guy said that this list of things will increase the amount of dopamine (a natural happy chemical in the brain), and that's very true, however dopamine isn't as fast acting as the stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol.  In fact these stress hormones will cancel out the effects of the 'happy hormones'.

The reason for this is, it's more important to dodge a baseball bat in the face than it is to go get a carrot.  We must dodge the bat, but we can always go get a carrot another day.

And for that reason, most of us will watch the video, and even those who like it will not do anything about it in the form of trying out the suggestions in the screenshot.

I do every day Tosh and it works for me  :)

paul saunders

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 09:14:06 pm »
I lasted 3min2sec  :o :o
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 08:30:06 pm »
I lasted 3min2sec  :o :o

I find that as I get older I last longer ...   ;)
It's a game of three halves!

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:17:25 pm »

;D

paul saunders

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:04 pm »

Just how old does one have to get, cos I ain't no spring chicken. ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.