This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carl2009

PayPal
« on: June 26, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »
Does anyone know why some payments received via PayPal have a commission withdrawn by PayPal and some don't? Sometimes (rarely) I get the full amount but usually there is a commission taken - e.g. an £11 clean gets dropped down to £10.43.

Cheers

Tony Edwards

Re: PayPal
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:06:44 pm »

Depends how the customer sends the payment. If its for goods etc you get charged commission which is 3.40%. If they send as gift then there is no commission.

I hate paypal !

Carl2009

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:09:49 pm »
Cheers Tony. I hate it as well, but I want to make paying as easy as possible. I need to make sure peoiple send me it as a gift...

Tony Edwards

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12:05 pm »

Yes if you go on the paypal website it explains the fees. Check the one that is free and ask customers to pay you that way. Saves giving the crooks any commission.

Steve Sed

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 05:01:15 pm »

Yes if you go on the paypal website it explains the fees. Check the one that is free and ask customers to pay you that way. Saves giving the crooks any commission.

And make yourself lok like a crook in the process? You are asking customers to lie to save you 50p. Just don't use Paypal.

davids3511

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »

How are they crooks. Imagine expecting payment for accepting payments and forwarding them on to you. The cheek of them!!

Tony Edwards

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:09:30 pm »

And make yourself lok like a crook in the process? You are asking customers to lie to save you 50p. Just don't use Paypal.

No you are using the correct payment method. Get your facts right before leaving smart comments.