This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Rinsing on?
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:23:26 pm »
This is something ive never done as it just feels odd to me.

But had a go today...how do you guys do it? Do you go all over the window and then scrub top of window so it has a full rinse.

Re: Rinsing on?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:04:14 pm »
pretty much thats how to do it, just have the brush really lightly on the glass, if your using fan jets you can lift up a corner of the brush to see the water flow down from the to frame

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:41:21 pm »
it save time and water , if the window look extra dirty i rinse off.
Make sure you have high flow rate
Spit and polish

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:35:47 pm »
its also less stain on the arms/shoulders

g.brookes

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »
good point actually, never though of that.  most of the strain comes from rinsing off the glass for me.  i shall give it a go tomorrow. 

dmlservices

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:31 pm »
I go over top frame , then onto glass, wash each pane then take brush back to top, a quick side to side to build up flow, then zig zag down pane , I use a medium double trim cill brush, pencil jets ( never got on with fans ) and a high flow , using a  high flow is the key to making it work , a lot easier on arms , and quicker than rinsing brush of.

Daz

LWC

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 07:21:25 am »
I have the same brush Daz. Ive been working on me tod lately so have had the flow up. I can see it saving a little bit of time on the glass. Just hope results are ok, looks like they were yesterday, suppose its just being so used to rinsing off for about 6 - 7 years, odd to do it on. Will let you know how i get on, cheers guys  ;)

Granny

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 07:51:03 am »
Thanks for this.
I tried this on my own windows yesterday. I'm finding it hard on the back rinsing off especially rooflights and over conservatories.
They look O.K. -  I had the flow on full and a clean brush - as my confidence builds I am going to try it.
It's got to be easier.
g.

g.brookes

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 03:03:59 pm »
i did it today on some commercial stuff, still a bit nervous about domestic pvc.  are there any particluar window set ups where its not ok to rinse on the glass, or can you rinse on the glass on everything?

dmlservices

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 03:33:51 pm »
I have the same brush Daz. Ive been working on me tod lately so have had the flow up. I can see it saving a little bit of time on the glass. Just hope results are ok, looks like they were yesterday, suppose its just being so used to rinsing off for about 6 - 7 years, odd to do it on. Will let you know how i get on, cheers guys  ;)

It's an excellent brush for rinsing brush on , as due to shape , and angled jets , the water is the last thing to touch glass, takes time to get out of the habit of rinsing brush of , but once you do you will be flying round.

Daz

LWC

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 05:03:20 pm »
Gotta say am slowly getting used to it, still feels a bit alien but defo speeding up. Im confident on the windows that sheet, bit weary of the ones that dont sheet.