This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C o z y

Re: Just texted a customer
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 01:30:07 pm »
Go on, tell them all on here that you have over 500 customers and you still do freebies just so customers spread the word! If you're doing stuff for free, IMO, you haven't got enough quality work. Not trying to be funny, just my opinion.

If you have to keep 500 customers on time and happy, try and find time for a freebie now and again.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Pete10

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 01:49:38 pm »
....each to their own, fully respect your opinon. :)

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 02:16:43 pm »
Go on, tell them all on here that you have over 500 customers and you still do freebies just so customers spread the word! If you're doing stuff for free, IMO, you haven't got enough quality work. Not trying to be funny, just my opinion.

If you have to keep 500 customers on time and happy, try and find time for a freebie now and again.
flip that round, if you have and dont have the time maybe you do have the quality work  :-\ ( I don't know you work, just making a point so please don't be offended)

I service a lot of customers and there are always gaps here and there where this could be fitted in if needed, even if it meant working a little extra. Just because you don't do it does not make it wrong IMO
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

g.brookes

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 02:57:34 pm »
i agree with you pete. in an area where youve not had much joy getting new customers, actions like this are very significant.  even if it doesnt lead to any new customers, it'll put a great big smile on your customers face, and you'll feel pretty damn good as well

C o z y

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 04:14:12 pm »

flip that round, if you have and dont have the time maybe you do have the quality work  :-\ ( I don't know you work, just making a point so please don't be offended)

I service a lot of customers and there are always gaps here and there where this could be fitted in if needed, even if it meant working a little extra. Just because you don't do it does not make it wrong IMO

Not offended at all Ian. IMO this game is for earning as much as possible in the shortest time with the least effort. I charge what I can get away with. I make a point of having too many customers so it leaves the option of concentrating on good customers (that pay on time and don't whine) and leaves me no time at all for customers who are " a bit skint" and can't afford a windy. Some of these jokers have 11 and 12 reg cars on the drive, but are "a bit skint". Funny thing is, when you see Goodfella's turn up with 20 quids worth of pizza, they're no longer "a bit skint".

My attitude in these cases is, "sorry to here that,......... next!" There are thousands of potential customers within 20 miles radius who aren't " a bit skint", I'll keep going after them. I do see your point, but as Pete already said,each to their own.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Pete10

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »
thanks for comments...Its a funny thing though i do agree with Tony, but as i said it depends on the customer. As i'm sure is obvious I'm a newbie and learning as I go. I have recently reached the conclusion that there are many people out there who will drive a hard bargain using the "moneys a bit tight" routine.....then they'll spend the cash they save on luxuries.....thats not skint in my book, and yes I've found they are usually dripping in gold and driving the latest model Audi.

I thought it was a myth but i have found the people without the proverbial "pot to pee in" are the most generous....Its these people I'm referring to, if they were genuinely skint and were a good customer, as a one-off I'd clean them, as guys have said I too get alot from helping people out (occassionally)....but as Tony points out its unlikely to benefit you in a purely financial way. Would add I also like a good barter, wine shop of a friend pays me in good quality red....that way we're both earning....anyone else trade goods for services?

Window Washers

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 05:17:58 pm »
thanks for comments...Its a funny thing though i do agree with Tony, but as i said it depends on the customer. As i'm sure is obvious I'm a newbie and learning as I go. I have recently reached the conclusion that there are many people out there who will drive a hard bargain using the "moneys a bit tight" routine.....then they'll spend the cash they save on luxuries.....thats not skint in my book, and yes I've found they are usually dripping in gold and driving the latest model Audi.

I thought it was a myth but i have found the people without the proverbial "pot to pee in" are the most generous....Its these people I'm referring to, if they were genuinely skint and were a good customer, as a one-off I'd clean them, as guys have said I too get alot from helping people out (occassionally)....but as Tony points out its unlikely to benefit you in a purely financial way. Would add I also like a good barter, wine shop of a friend pays me in good quality red....that way we're both earning....anyone else trade goods for services?

Fish and chips  ;D and I get a right telling off from my youngest son (8) if I am late for any reason, each week he makes sure it is on the list bless him
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 05:57:33 pm »
anyone else trade goods for services?

well,theres this girl I know........... ;)
we succeed because others can't or won't

Pete10

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 06:05:00 pm »
...knew i should've added "legally"  ;D ;D ;D

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 06:22:07 pm »
no money changes hands-nothing illegal there ;D ;D
we succeed because others can't or won't

G Griffin

Re: just texted a customer
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 07:02:04 pm »
This customer messes me about regular i only put up with it because i do houses either side.

I remembered this bit, too, from the OP.

Missing someone who is skint is one thing, but free cleans? If you're talking about PR, then if word gets round that you get a free clean for being skint, then I'd bet you'd get more people wanting the same; even non-customers.
I'm sure you'd also get loads of 'I have to pay and I'm skint' complaints.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ian101

Re: just texted a customer
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »
This customer messes me about regular i only put up with it because i do houses either side.

I remembered this bit, too, from the OP.

Missing someone who is skint is one thing, but free cleans? If you're talking about PR, then if word gets round that you get a free clean for being skint, then I'd bet you'd get more people wanting the same; even non-customers.
I'm sure you'd also get loads of 'I have to pay and I'm skint' complaints.

they prob still moan about any runs / spots as well  ;D

ffs doing it for free ... never heard the likes !!

Pete10

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 07:11:23 pm »
 again, as i said, in my experience people rarely broadcast about accepting charity.....in my opinion, word is unlikely to get out in that way......other than "he's a good guy, goes the extra mile etc" but I could be wrong..... ;D

pncleaning

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 07:28:44 pm »
again, as i said, in my experience people rarely broadcast about accepting charity.....in my opinion, word is unlikely to get out in that way......other than "he's a good guy, goes the extra mile etc" but I could be wrong..... ;D
I totally agree with wot you are saying Pete. At first when I said do it for free I was joking but having seen the various comments maybe it could work out well.

No one will admit that they were skint so they had a freebie window clean. But I bet that person will recommend you to family/friends hence free advertising for a very long time

Paul

Sharpy

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 09:27:54 pm »
I suggest you do what you feel is right.

Everyone offers their opinions, which can be useful. But my advice would be do what feels right for you and how you work.