This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lozsing

Just texted a customer
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:25:38 am »
Just texted a customer to let her know am calling tomorrow and to leave the gate open , classic reply can i leave it this month am skint ,

does wind me up although i know it would happen from this customer lol

Halfadaylee

Re: just texted a customer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:55:21 am »
It would not change her answer but why are you texting so early for tomorrow?
I have found between 7 & 8 pm the best as they get up and do it at this time of the day don't they forget.
Art

colin purewater

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 12:01:16 pm »
At least they were honest!
keep it simple

mister bit

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 12:21:42 pm »
obviously she doesn't want it done for financial reasons so next month perhaps? It's all good  ;D

lozsing

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:51:27 pm »
Texted early because of england playing tonight

keyser soze

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 03:43:44 pm »
skint is skint at least she was honest. and didnt get you to do them and not pay up. a lot of skint familys out there at the moment

pncleaning

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 03:49:34 pm »
skint is skint at least she was honest. and didnt get you to do them and not pay up. a lot of skint familys out there at the moment
Totally agree about skint families or perhaps they banking with natwest!!!! I think for their honesty they deserve a free clean  ;D ;D ;D ;D

lozsing

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 04:49:17 pm »
This customer messes me about regular i only put up with it because i do houses either side.

Paul H

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:32 pm »
This customer messes me about regular i only put up with it because i do houses either side.

charge the 8 weekly price or whatever next time maybe??

Ian101

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 07:15:19 pm »

next time dont text em and skip em if they ask why ur not cleaning theirs just say you're skint timewise  ;)

Banbury Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 06:42:47 am »
I had this also last night. Sent my usual texts abt 7ish and got a reply from a new custys who was due for there second clean this time round.
She put please miss me this time as its a bit inconvenient!! so do i be really strict and dump or just double the price next time as I do a few houses in the one little street??????
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

bobby p

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 07:04:41 am »
sometimes its worth a gamble to allow a miss out via text when a customer is quite new ,can take a while for them to adjust to regular cleaning.

if  i am doing the house next door i sometimes flick a load of dirty water over onto the miss-outs windows as a sort of encouragement to get them cleaned

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 07:13:39 am »
Seems like quite a good arrangement. You txt the night before and she comes back yes or no. That would work for me, not ideal I agree but is life always ideal?

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 09:12:21 am »
I would reply saying that's fine as this time, please note we only text you for access as the rounds have all ready printed and sheduled, normally we charge more for longer term cleaning, but as this is the first time this has happened, I will charge you your normal rate next time. thank you for being honest with me. See you soon.

something like that, be nice but let them know your not going to accept this on a regular basis
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Pete10

Re: Just texted a customer
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 11:18:57 am »
....I would reverse the situation, do them for free (or just the fronts if gate locked) and send her a text saying something like "windows cleaned on a freebie, hope situation improves for you soon, see you next month"

Yes I know, word gets round etc etc, cant clean em all for free, but its great p.r. and shows your not just about the money....will get a great rep in the neighbourhood and she's less likely to cancel you altogether if things are tight.

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 11:43:07 am »
....I would reverse the situation, do them for free (or just the fronts if gate locked) and send her a text saying something like "windows cleaned on a freebie, hope situation improves for you soon, see you next month"

Yes I know, word gets round etc etc, cant clean em all for free, but its great p.r. and shows your not just about the money....will get a great rep in the neighbourhood and she's less likely to cancel you altogether if things are tight.

Good idea. And maybe drop her a few hundred quid to tide her over, as well  ;D.
You're not serious, are you? 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

C o z y

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 01:03:51 pm »

I need to go and lay down in a dark room with a fruit cocktail and think about this one. ???
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 03:25:52 pm »

Good idea. And maybe drop her a few hundred quid to tide her over, as well  ;D.
You're not serious, are you? 
I have done this a few times does work well, but this is reserved for my long standing customers not new ones
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve Sed

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 03:53:14 pm »
I wouldn't do anything for free. They are your customers with whom you have a business relationship only.

Pete10

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 01:16:46 pm »
.....sorry been tied up cleaning windows for free  ;D ;D ;D

....obviously this depends on the quality of the customer, only you can judge whether its a one-off or not. Needless to say I wouldnt make it a regular thing, and if you think about it they're unlikely to advertise that they were skint and accepted charity....i find people generally only shout when they're winning (e.g. had my best day ever...)

As an example i did a builders clean for a lady recently, they were a bit skint but wanted a regular service, i did four hours work for £26 as I wanted to be in the street/ area. Now its like the lady works for me in terms of advertising, I've got another four jobs from her and she's still spreading the word....all young mums in the area, total monthly value £80, @ 3x thats £240 quid...good return on my four hours, no? 

As for giving her a few quid to tide her over? hahah, everyone old enough to vote knows the answer to that one, but a one-off freebie to show you arent a pure money machine won't hurt, especially in this environement.

In my humble opinion, there are too many Kiddies out there thinking you have to be like an Alan Sugar apprentice to make it work in business, a little kindness goes a long way to spread he word in my view....comments welcome though..... :)