This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Garyj

Re: do we get do follow backlinks
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 02:27:31 pm »
Warren, your site is ok and does the job in the same way a Rug Doctor or Vax cleans carpets. Its horses for courses.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 02:59:17 pm »
I'm not quite sure where I found the privacy statement, but I just put it on because it seems to be the thing to do.
Feel free to take the text.

About my site... I've seen what a few "pro's" do for a thousand quid and I wonder how they got into web design.

I'm restricted by using what I use to design because I'm not a website designer so I need to work with dummy software however I can update and make changes, add pages... do whatever I want when I want for FREE and without relying on someone else.

I recently purchased a year course on Groupon for site design including courses on the Adobe range, after that I'll migrate everything onto a proper CSS template. Until then I'm not worried because I get all my work from it.

And too be honest I like doing it all myself because just carpet cleaning can get boring.

Garyj

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 03:39:31 pm »

About my site... I've seen what a few "pro's" do for a thousand quid and I wonder how they got into web design.

I'm restricted by using what I use to design because I'm not a website designer so I need to work with dummy software however I can update and make changes, add pages... do whatever I want when I want for FREE and without relying on someone else.

I recently purchased a year course on Groupon for site design including courses on the Adobe range, after that I'll migrate everything onto a proper CSS template. Until then I'm not worried because I get all my work from it.

And too be honest I like doing it all myself because just carpet cleaning can get boring.

Yep agree Warren.  

That's why I like to clean my own carpets using a George. I've seen what a few "pro's" do for a few hundred quid and wonder how they got into carpet cleaning.

I am restricted by the machinery because I don't have access to a decent extraction machine and also need to use shampoo bought from my local hardware store but I can clean my carpets for FREE whenever I want without relying on someone else.

I recently purchased a deal on Groupon for a carpet cleaner and that included a good pre vac, protection and drying. Might use it but not worried as didn't cost much.

And too be honest I like doing it all myself because web design and SEO can get boring.

:P

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 03:56:39 pm »
Okay I see what's happening here.

GaryJ is a professional website designer targeting the carpet cleaning niche?

I would have thought the moderators would charge you for loitering on a carpet cleaning forum.

Me personally I don't care about rug doctors, splash and dashers, Vanish, DIY, undercutting in carpet cleaning. Its never affected me, probably never will.

So me designing my own website and not paying a professional like you for one shouldn't bother you if you are good enough.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »
Well I wasn't sure....

Its hard to pick up tone via text even with emoticons, so I hit first ask questions later, sorry.

Actually just used to that other guy Carpet Piles giving me stick so now I'm on the defensive.

I don't blog that much you see...  :-*

Garyj

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 04:24:33 pm »
Carpet Piles is just a Troll account from someone on here that is bitter and twisted, wouldn't worry about anything he says.

Craigp

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 06:32:21 pm »
This is from google webmaster guidelines;

Google works hard to ensure that it fully discounts links intended to manipulate search engine results, such as excessive link exchanges and purchased links that pass PageRank. If you see a site that is buying or selling links that pass PageRank, let us know. We'll use your information to improve our algorithmic detection of such links.

So I would leave linking alone, things have changed, only a matter of time till google catches up with you.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 06:56:39 pm »
Pretty much all my purchased ones have been deindexed and didnt even count.

My hand written original article links have stood strong.

I wasn't really affected that bad by the update because my most authoritative links are original and legitimate on popular sites. 

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 06:58:21 pm »
You telling people not to build backlinks?  is you tripping blood?   :D

Google and that egit Matt Cutts would love  you to beleive that you "build it and they will come"!  thats the biggest load of balls i've ever heard!

Without backlinks, (manipulated or otherwise) your dead in the water my friend. There's no such thing as whitehat SEO.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 07:01:05 pm »
There are ways of "cleaning" dodgy links before they hit your site  ;)

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »
Brendan have  you thought about paying the 99$ to get your posts on TMF to be 'follow'

I was thinking of paying it as I have about 20 no follow links from thier site

hey mike,see you commenting on tmf,did you get the do follow sorted.

Mike Halliday

Re: Do we get do follow backlinks
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »
not bothered following it up as I'm doing well with google ranking and did'nt want to alter anything.

i heard google has been penelising link  farms and doudious linking practices so why 'fix it if it is'nt broken'
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk