This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Brendan (chem2clean)

Do we get do follow backlinks
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:35:16 pm »
hi,do we get do follow backlinks from commenting on this forum?Thanks

Mike Halliday

Re: do we get do follow backlinks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:47:53 pm »
no, that why its a bit piontless everyone putting a link at the bottom of their profile or all the indian SEO companies spamming the website.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:42 pm »
Thanks for that mike.

wynne jones

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »
A normal link profile will have lots of no follows. I suggest you add your links from here whether follow or not.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 11:23:55 pm »
hi wynne,im only learning some seo stuff,google like too see a balance of do follow and no follow,again not sure if this true.

wynne jones

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 11:34:09 pm »
Well you have mastered anchor text which is great.

Get lots of links from different sources and try and find a few relevant authority sites to put your keyword anchor text on. For sites like this you might want to just put a normal www. link with no anchor text at all.

Like poor old Garry22 we have seen massive decline in positions because at the time it was the norm to use your keyword on most of your links. Now that has completly changed. You want a wide range of anchor text including 'click here' etc. Use your company name as well a lot!  ;)
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:41:50 pm »
great info,thanks wynne

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 04:37:30 pm »
Brendan have  you thought about paying the 99$ to get your posts on TMF to be 'follow'

I was thinking of paying it as I have about 20 no follow links from thier site
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Garyj

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »
Miiiiiikke, don't be silly.

Pay me the $99 and I'll show you how to get between 400 and a  thousand AUTHORITY back links in the next few hours, you could do the same thing every day for the next 2 weeks if you wanted but you wouldn't need to.

garry22

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 04:54:08 pm »
You know, maybe now a non followed link from this site (whether it be keyword rich or a bare link) is more valuable than a do follow one?

If Google wants sites that are designed for people rather than search engines, then is a no follow link more likely to be looked upon favourably? After all it is a clickable link for people that effectively tells the search engines to ignore it.

Just a thought.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 04:57:36 pm »
I you think we have issues with competitors slashing prices imagine what SEO companies go through with all the services you get through India and Pakistan for peanuts

At the end of the day these UK SEO companies are just outsourcing to them anyway and putting a % on top

Website design as well as SEO are easily DIY these days

Garyj

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 05:15:10 pm »
Love comments like that Warren because it shows YOU what people think of carpet cleaners. They see one for £10 a room therefore they are all the same, and anyway its something you can do yourself so why hire a professioal.

Now you know what you are up against when trying to sell carpet cleaning.

AshWhite

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 05:24:14 pm »
Love comments like that Warren because it shows YOU what people think of carpet cleaners. They see one for £10 a room therefore they are all the same, and anyway its something you can do yourself so why hire a professioal.

Now you know what you are up against when trying to sell carpet cleaning.

Spot on. Anyone can think of themselves as a professional, but just because you've had training, and care about what you do does not make it true.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 05:51:10 pm »
What do you reckon of my site?

Did it on a drag and drop site builder, wrote a couple articles with backlinks and bought a few hundred links for nothing.

All in all costs about £100 a year.

My area is Harrow, I'm now number 2 I think, was number 1

Never had the foggiest idea about how to design a website, or what SEO was before I started carpet cleaning and built this site. Incendently, the before and after photos of stairs are ones from my very first bash at cleaning a carpet, before training. Literally read the manual and instructions on the multi pro. It was a mates tenant who effed up his rental.

So in effect what I'm saying is, anyone who wants to put in the hours researching SEO and design can do it.

And anyone who wants to spend money and can store a big ice cream cart vacuum cleaner can clean a carpet

Garyj

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 06:08:47 pm »
Its OK and working for you, if its bringing in the customers then its doing its job.

Just think though, you might have paid a £1000 for a site which could be at number 1 in Google and converting ten times as many customers.

You can be an expert in anything if you're prepared to learn it!

And yeah about the ice cream cart thing, now be honest and tell us that is not how you speak or behave when doing a quote?

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 06:12:25 pm »
Lets say If a commercial client ever found out I was charging them £100 an hour for spraying some Surround Encap and spreading it with a spinny cloth they would call the police and get the in house "cleaner" to do it for £8. LOL  ::)

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 06:14:33 pm »
I changed it actually last week

It doesn't convert as well as my older one.

Viewers stay on the page longer because of the video, but they aren't clicking through as many pages and reading, and its not as pretty.

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 06:19:39 pm »
My blog is pretty powerful though I've noticed

I've done a post about a neighbourhood discount.

I used to get a few hundred (exaggeration, 10's of) clicks a day for the word "neighbour"

It was number 2 in Google Images, not sure if that was world wide or UK.

Also was number 1 for "cleaning tips blog" probably dropped heavily now, all I got was spammers leaving comments

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 06:57:56 pm »
Mike if you go into breaking news ,classes and contest on tmf.Tre is offering do follow if you like tmf on facebook,twitter etc.Hope this helps.Brendan

Buckland

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 10:34:07 am »
Warren - good site mate - I need to put more vids in mine as its dead boring

Anyway about your privacy statement - did you get this copy from somewhere authoritative - is this what all website owners have to say now:

i.e. IT IS THE POLICY OF carpet cleaning company TO SAFEGUARD ALL PERSONAL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION OBTAINED IN CONDUCTING BUSINESS WITH OUR CUSTOMERS. INFORMATION OBTAINED BY THIS BUSINESS IS NOT FOR RESALE OR TRADE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

ANY CONCERNS REGARDING PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION  OBTAINED CAN BE ADDRESSED BY CONTACTING US.

thanks

dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk