This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Urgent help with Varistream needed
« on: January 16, 2006, 08:23:36 pm »
Hi guys and girls

I have tonight a problem with the varistream :'( its having trouble starting the pump almost like a car with a flat battery turning over slowly / intermitantly but with this its not a flat battery the battery has 13.6v in it , I have had trouble with the on/off button sticking down lately dont know if its related , So has anyone had any simillar problems or any idea what might be wrong before I call williamsons in the morning.

hopeing for any input whatsoever

Chris :(

Roy Harding

Re: Urgent help with Varistream needed
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:33:20 pm »
Hi Chris

I had the very first Varistream sold and it is still running fine.

However I did say to Martin about the posibility of the switch on the mark II sticking.

And sugested the had two on for flow and one for on/off.

How much power have you at the pump?

Roy

marc al

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:38:30 pm »
  I had a sticky button on my mark one, took the unit to pieces and gave it a blast out with WD40, not had a problem since.

Marc

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 08:46:32 pm »
chris make sure the water can flow freely ,if not the varistream will sense nothing is flowing and will just come on intermittently.
Is your pump the right way up take the hose of the end and see if water flows out if not either no water ,air lock or a faulty connector stopping the flow

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 09:18:50 pm »
The switch is sticking I only have to touch it very lightly and it turns off, But then there is also no water in the pipeline so it may sense no flow but then that would not explain the not turning on at the start but that maybe down to the switch sticking , I would take it apart and blast it with WD40 but not sure if this will damage it/or the switch anyway, When I removed the cover to test voltage at the pump side I did notice a loose connection although not totally disconnected still needed putting in its place correctly and tightning but the voltage was 12.5v on full power and 3.5v on marc 4 my normal setting

thanks so far guys keep it coming

Chris

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 06:24:18 pm »
Quick Update for future reference

Varistream stopped today red light on no pump movement
phoned williamsons they said we'll send you another tomorrow , opened it up and give them serial no that they asked for and discovered mold on top of circuit board so there's the problem "damp"

Big thanks to Williamsons for being Exellent

Chris ...... waiting for the postman

dai

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:46:38 pm »
Chris, I never use the swich on mine. I leave it on all the time. I have a toggle switch
on the trolley that cuts off the power from the battery. I have the Varistream mounted in a weather proof box with the pump. I rarely need to alter the flow, so the box is closed most of the time.
I'm glad Williamsons sent you one out so soon, when I sent mine back I had to wait a week and had to get back on the ladders. Dai

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 08:12:49 pm »
Dai

Ive put a cut off switch on mine too but at the moment most of my customers are 1st cleans with wfp so turning up the flow a bit to get it right some are now coming round to 2nd clean and have started to turn down flow on them so in time will poss put V2 in the box maybe

Still waiting the postman on it though

Chris

Morph

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 08:26:02 pm »
Thanks for sharing the results Chris.  Hope you get sorted quick.  Williamsons do seem very helpful.

I shall try to make sure mine stays dry.  Need to invent a way.

Pj

dai

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 09:47:07 pm »
Chris, My box has a door on it, I can easily alter the flow if need be. It's just that the switch being on top of the box makes turning it off a lot quicker.
I have a ring tied 4ft up the pole. I just bend the pole hose and push it through to stop the flow and the pump. I only have to turn the power off a few times each day. Dai