Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Just starting
« on: January 14, 2006, 07:23:43 am »
Hi based on the information below how fast will it be untill I get my first few jobs, even though I have been in carpet cleaning for 11 years after a 2 year break I have moved home and am in a new area and even though I was succesfull before I am nervous - three small children and a wife who did not know me when I was a full time carpet cleaner so does not understand what is involved!

I have a decent colour 1/2 page ad in the y/p, I am on yell.com (not decided on that one yet but works ok with my house maid service)

I am on a 0800 number but have included my home number and mobile on the leaflet - gone for freephone as we are next to a city with a different phone code so does not look local!

I am planning to leave my full time job (cant wait should never had left carpet cleaning (grass greener) in March at the latest, do not want to go back on Monday!

I have done it before so am planning to personally drop 2500 - 5000 leaflets a week myself (attached the leaflet)

Any advise please especially on the leaflet before I get it printed - pics are supplied not my artwork.

Thank you in advance, this website has proved very valuable! Its amazing that when I first started at 19! I was not nervous at all but I did live at home and had brought my first ninja for cash so just advertising to pay for and no babies to worry about!! I think the wife is more worried than me!

ABLECLEAN

Re: Just starting
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 09:39:33 pm »
Good ad. You will do well off it.

Good luck

Fintan_Coll

Re: Just starting
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 10:39:13 pm »
Looks nice, but I would leave out the "call within 24 hours part'', because if someone did intend to call you and thought they would miss out on the special offers if they didn't call within 24 hours , then they might not bother to call at all. Better to have a much longer time, say a week or even two. You could offer a free carpet survey too, a good way to get into a potential customers house and build up trust in you. Of course you will have to learn how to do a survey  if tou have never done them but  I am sure you will get help here if you ask.
A word of advice, unless you are using Extracta equipment, better ask their permission to use their photographs as you obviously copied them from their catalog or web site.