This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pcloy

info on truckmounds
« on: January 13, 2006, 07:51:58 pm »
i do domestic carpet@upholstery cleaning would a truckmound be faster and better than getting someone to help

gwrightson

Re: info on truckmounds
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:03:00 pm »
I think a little there are a number of other things to consder , besides would it be faster
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

BRSL

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 08:04:51 pm »
I tend to always work in a pair although ive got a TM, imo two people work as fast a three single people esspecialy on commercial work if you work well togeather.

But in truth imo I think if your mainly on domestics, then a one man band is all you need, and a TM makes this easy with no heavy equipment and no need for running with buckets, but quicker, easily quicker by far when you get in the swing

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 08:07:31 pm »
Yes its quicker esp on multiple room jobs.  Only slightly faster on a 12x12 room or upholstery.

Buts its way easier on your body.

Mark

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 03:22:01 am »
A catch 22 position, in some scenario yes in others the same, would I be with out it NO!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

cleaning co

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 06:25:35 am »
Yes its quicker esp on multiple room jobs.  Only slightly faster on a 12x12 room or upholstery.

Buts its way easier on your body.

Mark
all depends on how u use a portable 8)

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 06:51:36 am »
hi
Just wondering if all your kit (machine) is in the van what happens about insurance - do you have to go to a special insurance comapny, Also what about cold nights do you have to wrap it up in a duvet at night?
The amount of times I used to get caught our because I was stupid (lazy) enough to leave my machine in the van and the hose or wand connector would freeze and split!

Thanks

magic_carpet

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 10:18:08 am »
the main concern is parking and access. if jobs are in flats or on busy roads then it becomes a problem getting hoses from your van to the job site. you can nearly always find a way around it, with a little thought! but i would imagine some areas would be impossible. yes it's quicker and having a machine out side is better. i've got one for sale if you need one. £2500 hydamaster spit 4.0 . i now have a maxx 450

homenclean

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 03:14:53 pm »
Truck mounts are all well and good but you have to consider a few factors
1.durring winter does the customer want windows and doors open.
2.the security issue, if your working upstairs and the customers front door is open any one can just walk in off the street.
3.Accessability, not always easy to get right outside customers house..
4.The cost off a truck mount would mean an incrase in price to your customer, if your a competant cleaner a porty for domestic jobs should be adequate.
5.A decent porty, stand it in the hall and run extension hoses you can clean a whole house without moving the machine.
6.we do alot of commercial work where you are required to enter areas using a security swipe card, you wouldnt be able to use a tm in that enviroment as security is an issue.

A TM is a graet bit of kit but would cost 20,000 New for domestic jobs can you justify the cost against 3000 for a good porty, you wouldt use a sledge hammer to knock in a picture hook!

Yours
John

Karl Wildey

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 03:48:02 pm »
When anyone thinks about getting a TM they think of all the negative points, and there are plenty of them. But think about this, everyone that has a TM would not be without it, and many have replaced their TM's for bigger models, WHY?.

And never take any advice from a non TM owner, how can they comment on something they have never owned.

From a TM owner. (and I still use my portable as well).

Glynn

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 05:00:33 pm »
Funny how its always Portable owners calling TMs bad isn't it ?

Come to think of it, I cant think of any TM owners going back to portables either..
Regards
Glynn

BRSL

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 05:11:32 pm »
its not what the pols recon but they didnt say they have gone back to a porty just dont like them  ???

Karl

Id have to agree how can you comment if youve never owned one
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

mark_roberts

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 06:15:35 pm »
I did 2 jobs today.  Commercial jobs which Ive done several times before.

Last time I did them with the Ninja @ 400psi, inline heater, booster box inline and autofill, the machine was beside a toilet for easy dumping.

Today i cleaned with the Truckmount.  I saved 1.5 hours at each location.  Therefore today I saved 3 hours.  So potentially I could do another 3 hours work.

And thats the bottom line.  A TM will cost a bit more to run but you will make a lot more money if you have the work.

Mark

BTW, a TM should last years longer than a portable so to say a TM is £10k more than a portable is a bit misleading.

pcloy

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 07:47:32 pm »
thanks for your comments. which tm is the best i am looking for the long term
very besy at domestic wook

cleaning co

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 08:29:15 pm »
well some people can use a porty as a truckmount and clean as fast as a petrol truckmount others cant , all i can say is use a top porty as a truckmount and i mean one with its own water tanks ,auto fill ,auto dump heat etc  and then try a truckmount and c what u think before parting with all that cash
gary

BRSL

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 08:44:31 pm »
Gary your not fooling any one   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry ive altered this post as I got into a debate which supplier was the best, I dont think that was pcloy's question so ive removed my part of post as not to offend

As for the best for domestics, I would suggest somthing with a low hp engine to save on fuel and noise, but every one that buys one ends up trading it in on a bigger one, remember our countries big TM are still small in comparison to the rest of the worlds, so a TM, over kill on domestics I dont think so. Thats what the throttles for

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Len Gribble

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 09:40:28 pm »
James

No!

Do they? 5 years never a thought! Perhaps I should tax advantage?

I may be in the minority on the forums with the tm I use but it has seen me all right the same applies to my porty Ninja.

The service I get is second to none, methinks they like me! ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

BRSL

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 09:44:54 pm »
 ??? ??? ???

What TM you got Len
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

stevegunn

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 10:35:45 pm »
I did 2 jobs today.  Commercial jobs which Ive done several times before.

Last time I did them with the Ninja @ 400psi, inline heater, booster box inline and autofill, the machine was beside a toilet for easy dumping.

Today i cleaned with the Truckmount.  I saved 1.5 hours at each location.  Therefore today I saved 3 hours.  So potentially I could do another 3 hours work.

And thats the bottom line.  A TM will cost a bit more to run but you will make a lot more money if you have the work.

Mark

BTW, a TM should last years longer than a portable so to say a TM is £10k more than a portable is a bit misleading.

Mark did you charge more to do the job this time with the t/m?I'm struggling to get past customers to pay that little bit extra because I'm using a t/m.

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 10:49:59 pm »
It was the second on your list!

Service from suppliers is hit and miss but as I said they like me! ;D ;D

Len