Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Helen

Re: for sale section
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:20 am »
Perhaps that was the problem...... there were too many wfp poles on there ;D

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 09:02:39 am »
if you read the post in the old section its been done so they can start charging for listing your items for sale, not for ease of use as said in the admin post in this thread!!!  ;)

steve cardy

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 10:24:56 am »
sorry back to what admin said, why do I need to know its "LIVE"? With the old system you could see it was live because it was on the board. : ???

Hilton

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 11:59:19 am »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, just to let you know that (public) is only viewable to you as the poster on your topic, it basically means that the advert is live! We may change the wording on this one.

Also just to let you know that the moves are to make it easier to find things relevant to you, you can click straight through from the home page to these new child boards. You will see the board name will be in bold if there are new topics in there you haven't read. Also once the board is open you will still see the "new" button on the ones you haven't yet viewed just as in the other boards throughout CIU.

The idea is to have other boards in these sections that benefit members such as supplier offers and business opportunities/leads.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Happy Posting.

CIU Team.

Still not clear on what PUBLIC means, you say its only visible to me as the poster, well I already own it and am trying to sell it I want others to see it obviously,, unless I have missed something.

Forum Admin

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 12:12:14 pm »
Hi Hilton,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant you are the only one who can see the word "(PUBLIC)" on your topic, if it says "(PUBLIC)" everyone else can see your topic.

The reason for using child boards is to streamline the forum so there aren't loads of boards all the way down the page so you have to scroll down for them. Where the for sale sections were before they were getting missed, since moving them into there repsective market places there has been a lot more activity and postings, the page views for these new section is a lot lot higher now.

This leads to a higher chance of selling the items in here for advertisers and making it easier for all to find.

Thanks for understanding and the feedback no matter how good or bad.

CIU Team.

Ian Gourlay

Re: for sale section New
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 12:43:09 pm »
My personal view is opportunities are missed . There could be carpet cleaners thinking about entering window cleaning and might buy  equipment on impulse when looking at old layout.

Obviously you want to increase the look rate in order to justify charging. In this instance again I think its a bad policy , while i realize you are seeking a return we have always been against making money from members , ie Carpet Cleaners promoting items to make money out of the members .

Over the years a Great and popular Forum  has been developed  do not spoil it by over commercialization

To increase the look on For Sale Section all that was required was move it to top of page