Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jon barnes

BS fitting standard
« on: April 17, 2012, 07:30:45 pm »
Hi

Does anyone know the BS fitting standard for when a carpet is installed the underlay joins have to be tape together plus the gap between the skirting board/floor boards have to be sealed.

Terry

Len Gribble

Re: BS fitting standard
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:06:58 pm »
NO will ask the carpet fitters tomorrow (one of spare bedrooms) (carpet Giant never advised me) WILL I GET BS but did follow my own advise regarding filtration/draft marks (actually Nigel’s ;D ;))

I believe there was a bloke called Michelle who frequented here helped write the BS standard  ???
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:02:27 pm »
I did the Alltec course at the training centre in Leicester a few years ago on fitting.

What a brilliant course.

It covered  all these things-underlay, taping seams,  grippers, depth of spike on knee kicker and all sorts of other useful info.

Whilst I don't fit carpet the knowledge has proved its worth over and over again when analysing fitting problems without me having to know how to solve them.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Bob Robertson

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 10:31:00 pm »
Hi

Does anyone know the BS fitting standard for when a carpet is installed the underlay joins have to be tape together plus the gap between the skirting board/floor boards have to be sealed.

Terry

Hi Terry

Its, BS 5325 2001

Bob

jon barnes

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:11:54 pm »
Thanks Bob
much appreciated

Terry