This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garybristow

acid rinse,do you or dont you?
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:25:15 pm »
i always use an acid rinse when i have presprayed with powerburst or multi pro which i tend to use most of the time.when i talk to other carpet cleaners with tms they look down their noses and tell me they use crystal green,extraction pro ,ultimate master etc!
i know that you could probably get away with it for many years,i have done a few jobs which have turned out great wher i have not knowingly rinsed with no rinse getting through the system.
surely a light wool carpet presprayed with powerburst or similar would be very risky??
gary

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: acid rinse,do you or dont you?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 07:46:34 pm »
do people still use c, green ?????  nasty stuff , i use what ever i thinks right for the i am at , theres never two jobs the same so i always have a jug of acid rince mixed and ready to go  ;D

PaulKing

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 08:02:46 pm »
hello susan long time no hear
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Richard Meads

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:03:55 pm »
I use an acid rinse most of the time, I don't like to leave a carpet with high pH. Doing a quotation I once come across a wool carpet with a pH of 10! I brought it back down, but someone had cleaned it with an alkaline prespray and no acid rinse. If I had done the same they could have ended up with some funny coloured carpet!

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 08:53:11 pm »
We usually use Chemspec Liquid a high Heat which is an acid side cleaner rather than a rinse.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:03:09 pm »
hello susan long time no hear

hi paul glad to see your well we have been asking about you when ordering from john to make sure your keeping out of trouble lol  ;)

markpowell

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:38:00 pm »
rinse with plain water 99% of the time with Ultrapac Renovate as prespray.
Always does the trick. no need to re clean or go round with the spotters.
Job done

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 05:22:19 pm »
Use a prespray that won't damage the fibres immediately, clean it and dry it properly.

Save your money.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 10:40:40 pm »
Interestingly I did a check on this the other week.
There were 2 of us doing a nightclub which hadn't been done in years.
We both used Enzall as the pre spray and scrubbed in but me buddie run a rinse agent through his machine whilst I just run with plain water.
The next day I had to go back to finish off a small area but it gave me a chance to compare our results against both methods.
Both were just as clean, both dry and both felt exactly the same..... and I think there's your answer.

Perhaps I should add that I might do differently on a domestic white/cream 100% wool carpet as opposed to this black with white dots wool carpet.