Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jadecleaning

Nursing home
« on: January 10, 2006, 06:25:21 pm »
Evening all,
I have to go and price a nursing home on Friday can you guys give me any insight to the best price.
I have to sanatise the place too for obvious reasons  ??? ???
The place has 32 bedrooms all of which are 12' x 12'
dining room 
sitting room   
2 landings
2 flights of stairs
consevatory
ground floor offices
total is about 6135 feet
cheers
Darren

cleaning co

Re: Nursing home
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 11:24:18 pm »
hi in my exper  most homes are shocked when u giv them the price and they end up buying acheap machine or renting one and making thier poorly paid staff do it
 just the bedrooms alone at £30 room is £1000
gary

Timmy Boy

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 09:30:00 am »
Darren
The majority of our work here is care homes. The prices gary says is about what we charge but be aware the common areas such as lounges, dining rooms & corridors are normally done either 6am or after 8pm or even later. We tend to do the bedrooms in batches of 5 (Get lots of urine neutraliser ;)).
I hope this helps
Regards
Tim

Jadecleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 12:55:20 pm »
Cheers for the advice guys

John_Flynn

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 01:18:25 pm »
I would say £1500.00+, you MUST insist that staff are there to take care of the inmates while you are cleaning, the last time I did one of these the staff couldn't care a toss and one old lass ended up with her feet tangled in my cables!!!
I get better looking each day!!

nick p

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 03:27:08 pm »
hi

i agree make sure the patients are out of your way i had one that used to keep turning my porty of every 10minutes right pain

cheers nick p

BRSL

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 04:49:34 pm »
I had a bad experiance with a N home once, in short one of the inmates (as John suggests there called  ;D) had bad dimensia, and after being screamed at in language ive never herd before she went nice as pie and asked me to clean under her slippers  ??? when i obliged, bang crack came her zimmer frame around my back puttin me to the floor and well in short I was stuck and had to phone reception to come and sedate her, took six of them

they may look old and feble but be warned  ;)

Good luck to any one cleaning N homes in Hayle
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Bill Robinson

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 06:11:40 pm »
just to be politacly correct if you do have to refer to those who live there. best call them "service users" and not inmates or patients  ;D lol

John_Flynn

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 06:20:29 pm »
Bill

I would say the correct term is Residents, I used the word that I did because they are treated as such by the (Underpaid) staff, although after saying that there are staff there that do care. A job that I could not do.
I get better looking each day!!

mark_roberts

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 06:28:39 pm »
Also remember although its 32 rooms of 12x12 you will have to stop, move and start the next room 32 times so its not going to be as quick as you think.  It would be really great if the staff could close the complete corridor so you could just tear away and not worry about hose hazards etc.  The rooms themselves could take a few days depending.

Another tip is wear your shorts as these places are sweat houses.

Mark

Timmy Boy

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 06:42:29 pm »
Good point Mark- they crank the heating right up to make everyone snoozy. That & working late it does make the job hard work.
Just a quick story - I was quoting a care home & one of the residents (asleep in a chair) suddenly shouted HORNY!!, right when I walked pass >:( :o  :o. I concluded my quote in record time that day and sprinted for the van ;D

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 07:34:36 pm »
Top this....A resident pee ing in the solution tank!!  ;D

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 07:45:25 pm »
minimum of £1800.00

and insist on what John Flynn Says