This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Brendan (chem2clean)

commercial quote
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:10:28 pm »
hi ,can you please tell me what you guys charge these days for commercial carpet cleaning.
Ive been quoting some big commercial jobs lately and im not getting them.
I have to quote 2220 sq metres tomorrow, i know it can depend on the state of the carpet but what would be your average per sq metre. thanks

Simon Gerrard

Brendan (chem2clean)

Re: commercial quote
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:53 pm »
hi simon,roughly 50 cents per sq metre,,,,

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:53:48 pm »
i done a quote for a hotel the other day,,,,they wanted the whole room cleaned,105 rooms,quoted say 22 sterling plus vat,,,manager emailed me told me a was miles over other quotes,,,,,what the hell

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »
So what makes you think this is a market you want to aim at?  If their budget is catastrophically below the lower limits of what you're willing to work for, go and look elsewhere for work.  It's as simple as that, square peg round hole :)

I would possibly bonnet clean massive sized areas for 50p a metre, if it was all plain sailing and wasn't particularly dirty... and they weren't expecting me to wear my pants over the top of my trousers for that money.  It just boils down to how much you can turn over in an hour or day's work and whether you can make a respectable enough profit from that to consider it worth doing.

Have you offered a free demo to any of these prospects?

Paul Moss

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:19:26 pm »
Jim just talk us all through this pants over your trousers thing.

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:25:20 pm »
Ask Clark Kent ;) ;)

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 10:25:35 pm »
hi jim,,thanks for your reply,,been doing this for 20 years now and it just seems commercial work getting cheaper,its a big phone company hq im quoting tomorrow and like to get in the door,yeah id bonnet mop most areas and extract some,use to get at least one euro per sq metre.

from edge2edge

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 07:23:19 am »
I dont really do price per metre just look at it think how long and how much do i want for it.Had one yesterday asked the guy approx how many metres there were gave him a price and 3 hours later(we agreed to do it there and then as empty) he put £250 cash in my hand and i gave him a receipt.Thats me happy and him happy too and thats my end game............Regards Alan

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 07:27:14 am »
If you can only get 41p per metre, why bother - concentrate on domestics and make more money.

Simon

clinton

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 08:04:39 am »
Seems budgets are on the way down for the cleaning side.

Did a large commercial job last week and used the dry fusion system and  got through in the time limit i had set to get the job done..

clarkson

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 12:43:39 pm »

Hi
 i have texatherm for large area bonnet cleaning, texatherm reckon on 80 pence a meter. i have to admit i hav been struggling to get the work at this price.

i have found 50 pence per meter is as much as you can get which still pays well on a large open office area.

If you can get a days work on one site with no travel time or expenses its got to be better than going round domestics wasting time on moving between jobs and setting up.

john

bennymon

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 04:24:57 pm »
commercial i tend to have a look and price at about £100 per hour .if they want phone quote only £2 to£2.50 per square meter and i only do jobs that pay on the day .  ;) del

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »

Hi
 i have texatherm for large area bonnet cleaning, texatherm reckon on 80 pence a meter. i have to admit i hav been struggling to get the work at this price.

i have found 50 pence per meter is as much as you can get which still pays well on a large open office area.

If you can get a days work on one site with no travel time or expenses its got to be better than going round domestics wasting time on moving between jobs and setting up.

john

Whats the average m2/hour for a Texatherm system?