This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dan paton

double clean/ crystal green
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:48:45 pm »
hi
  i know these two products are supposed to be put in the tank but as i now prespray and extract with hot water. can they be used as a pre spray then acid rinsed.  anyone done this? dont want to use them in the tank now because of the ph

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Re: double clean/ crystal green
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:58:06 pm »
This is something I have wondered about for a long time as I have a stock of both in garage. I once ran out my usual prespray and rather than drive back to get some more I used Double Clean and it worked well. What I also like about Double Clean is the minty smell. I used it in an inline sprayer at the same as my usual prespray. 9 scoops per litre. In a pump up sprayer this would be 3 scoops per litre. I found the results just as good but have yet to do it again.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:20 pm »
There are chems that are pre-sprays and designed to be applied and then rinsed off with either an acid rinse or more commonly just plain water.
There are also detergents that are designed to be used in the water tank of a porty or the chem bottle of a TM and used in the HWE process. You can if you wish or if the cleaned item requires it, additional rinse again with an acidic rinse, althouygh this is not neccesary in most cases. Chems disigned to be put through the carpet or upholstery in this manner, do not, as some think, do anything  adverse or lead to resoiling. They are designed to be used this way.
Do not confuse the two different types of chems. use as the manufacturers guidelines suggest.
There seems to be some guys out there who just wish to extract with plain water, no matter what. If you do get the correct chems to go with that method.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

dan paton

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 05:20:43 pm »
cheers for that dave . im going on the prochem 2 day course on the 17th and it was a burning question i had for them but your answer makes sense. why would they make chemicals you cant use.  cheers .. dan

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:33:20 pm »
I think the most appropriate question is: why would they make lots and lots of chemicals that you don't really need ;) ;)

Kev Loomes

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:07:36 pm »
I've always wondered, when you see some flyers (and adverts) they say 'we will double clean your carpets'...as part of their sales pitch. Do you think they clean the carpet twice? or use the wording to their advantage? I really don't know? :D

Its got nothing to do with any posters on this forum, and not meant to offend - its just something that I wondered, and this jogged my memory lol!

Anyone?

Kev

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 08:26:27 pm »
I think the most appropriate question is: why would they make lots and lots of chemicals that you don't really need ;) ;)

SIMPLES... ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££... our hard earned £££££££££££££££££  ;D ;D ;D

heritagecleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:51:21 pm »
My question (and I've yet to get a straight answer) is when would you use double clean as a tank detergent? Such a high ph to leave the carpet in.  ???

Darren O

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 09:05:09 pm »
Ive been using Double Clean as a prespray for about 4 years put about 5 scoops in a 5 litre Hydraforce sprayer and rinse with the lowest dilution rate of Formula 90 works great hardly ever use defoamer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 02:05:40 pm »
the reason you don't want to use detergents as as pre-sprays is the fundamental difference between pre-sparays and detergent is.... one is meant to be left on the carpet the other is meant to be rinsed off

there are a ranger of cleaning agent that work fantastic but if left of a carpet can have negative effects, these chemicals cannot be put in a detergent as they need to be rinsed off but the can be put in a pre-spray .

Eg: if arsenic was a brilliant cleaning agent I could use this deadly poison as a pre-spray because  when I have finished none would be left on the carpet but I couldn't use it in a detergent. its the same with some solvents..... they clean brilliantly but can cause resoling, so they can be put in a pre-spray but not in a detergent.

a detergent will never be as effective as a made-for-purpose prespray as they cannot contain 'dangerous' additives.

Heritage.... you would use double clean when the carpet fibre allows high PH cleaning solutions or when the extreme soiling conditions require it. or you could (as many do) use it if you wanted a one step cleaning process of just extraction without  pre-spray & agitation
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 10:38:09 pm »
As I've said previously there are a hell of a lot of carpets cleaned with a one pass clean with pull or push type machines. A lot of tank detergents are used in these.
Nursing homes, hospitals, airports, offices etc etc.

dan paton

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 10:52:25 pm »
john could you give me your honest opinion on this
http://www.victorfloorcare.com/products/V-SX15
do i keep it or not . anyones opinion on this machine is most welcome . i am a newbie to cc and this is not my main machine but i like the fact its easy to use although its of no use at all in peoples houses with furniture... all comments welcome

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 05:39:36 am »
You have to look at your market Dan... If you do mostly domestics,which around Eastleigh you probably will, then you have answered your own question. Also it is probably not the best or quickest for commercial either, so ............ this is just my tuppence worth, but what do I know?? I do everything LM   ;D ;D