This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

This might be interesting!!!
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:54:56 pm »
Went to clean a carpet for a customer and customer said "have you much experience at cleaning axminster carpets?" I thought , "that´s a funny question to ask as the carpet is not Axminster" I told the customer that I have nearly 20 years at cleaning carpets both in domestic and commercial properties however, your carpet is not an Axminster. They were adiment that it was, and had paid nearly 5000 quid for it. I explained how an Axminster carpet is manufactuared and did a fibre test to show the carpet they had purchased was a cheap polyprop. They were furious and even still had the reciept and guess what?  Yep you guessed it... it said Axminster on it. Anyway... I did the clean and advised the customer to take it up with the supplier.

Paul H

Re: This might be interesting!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »
warp & weft.. was my topic of discussion last week with a custy ???... i dont know mt left from my right so warp from weft she has no chance  ;D

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:16:39 pm »
Or did they hear the word 'Axminster' but forgot the word 'Belgium' was just before it.
How many grippers were holding it? More than one would be a sign that the fitters knew exactly what they were putting down.

Went to clean a carpet for a customer and customer said "have you much experience at cleaning axminster carpets?" I thought , "that´s a funny question to ask as the carpet is not Axminster" I told the customer that I have nearly 20 years at cleaning carpets both in domestic and commercial properties however, your carpet is not an Axminster. They were adiment that it was, and had paid nearly 5000 quid for it. I explained how an Axminster carpet is manufactuared and did a fibre test to show the carpet they had purchased was a cheap polyprop. They were furious and even still had the reciept and guess what?  Yep you guessed it... it said Axminster on it. Anyway... I did the clean and advised the customer to take it up with the supplier.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:20:41 pm »
It was not on grippers. it was glued to the floor around the edges.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 09:36:40 pm »
It was not on grippers. it was glued to the floor around the edges.

:o yahooooo cowboy ;D

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:40:13 pm »
The customer was absolutly furious. I would not like to be in that suppliers shoes when the customer gets hold of them.

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 11:09:51 pm »
I once seen an oriental rug shop in startford on avon they were all polyprop.

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 11:16:58 pm »
Because some aspects of the Axminster manufacturing process cannot be patented, there are other carpet manufacturers who can make ‘Axminsters’, but they are not the same as the trademarked British product.  Our Axminsters are natural, British and beautiful, often 100% wool, jute backed, and in many cases made on eight pitch looms, the ultimate in quality, unique to the Axminster Carpets company.  :o ;) ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 03:25:44 am »
As Len says..... An Axminster is different from an axminster.

However to confuse things further... My mum bought herself a nice Axminster carpet a few years ago.  It's a tufted construction 100% wool loop pile ;)

But to my knowledge they don't do polyprop so yeah sounds like a rip off!

wynne jones

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 10:19:15 pm »
I get this A LOT with rugs. I have learned to keep my gob shut.  :-X
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:51 am »
Is not the term 'Axminster' more descriptive of the way the carpet is made as opposed to what fibre its made from.

I think this is possible why others can term their carpets axminsters in addition to ones manufactured by Axminster carpets.

But I may be wrong  ;D

Steve