Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward coller

cotton/linen upholstery problem
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:34:18 pm »
cleaned a cotton linen beige  reupholstered 3pce all seemed ok till it dried, on some of the cushions what appears to be a brown water mark has appeared towards the piped edge. on re wetting this went but left with areas albeit ,faint of shading. armcaps which i hand washes are fine. arms have also marked towards the top back of the arm. Now realise tht cloth is losing an amount of colour not much and not evenly.seat cushions which were heavily cleanedare almost ok, any solutions. thanks simon

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Re: cotton/linen upholstery problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:19:34 pm »
you could try some upholstery shampoo with oxibrite/fibrebuff added and leave to dry. I would stongly advise you do a test area first and leave to dry.

nevil

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 05:51:32 pm »
What prespay did you use to clean with Edward. I have seen natural fibre turn brown using some products.

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 12:22:00 pm »
Its not called 'sophia' by any chance?  These buggers brown even with an acid rinse with min moisture.  :o
"So basically its a big vax!"

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 05:20:32 pm »
Some lazy upholsterers cover over the previous fabric, which is not something some would check for. Any dirt or migration from underneath may not have been reasonably detectable. Just a thought before you proceed any further. Tip the sofa forward and check where is fitted to frame and check for evidence, you may need to lift  staple or tack to check.

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 08:03:24 am »
The fabric i was thinking of is new and not recovered. It appears to be cellolistic browning from
untreated cotton. You could try misting m/s and towelling off. if that doesn't work, mist some browning prescription
over it and cross your fingers.  :P
"So basically its a big vax!"

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 11:02:44 am »
There are products available which are specifically designed to prevent this problem.

PaulKing

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 12:36:24 pm »
do chemspec still do the Haitian cotton cleaner, that was good stuff, made your hands all soft?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

clinton

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 12:50:29 pm »
Think i remember that one too a bit like a conditioner.

Jim_77

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 01:09:30 pm »
... took them a while to realise why the UK supply had dwindled, but eventually they found out you were using it on your hair :D :D

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 01:44:19 pm »
I've got some od Alltec's but it will take a fortnight to find it at the very back of the shed. ;D
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

clinton

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 02:17:07 pm »
Ha Jim it did dwindle ;D