This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PaulKing

selling a van and truck mount
« on: April 06, 2012, 10:40:38 am »
not going to say which one ( so I'm not advertising) but will be listing one of our vans and TM  next week on the flooring market place it has a LPG conversion on it and has had for nearly a year now, Should I leave it on with 100 litre mounted tank thats refilled from a external port meaning you can run it for nearly half the cost of petrol, or whip the whole thing off reuse the tank on the new one? Bearing in mind these tanks are no cheap they are £400 + to buy

What would attract you? LPG or Petrol or not really bothered ?
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

AshWhite

Re: selling a van and truck mount
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 10:42:23 am »
I think the LPG is a good selling point, as long as the conversion has been done well, which if it's been in for a year it's probably safe to say it has!

If the new owner is not turned on by it, offer to buy it back off them for £X
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

jim mca

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:13:13 pm »
Hypothetically speaking what sort of price would you be looking at with the lpg and without

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 03:36:21 am »
Nice back door approach Paul ;) ;)

PaulKing

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 07:30:54 am »
Hypothetically speaking what sort of price would you be looking at with the lpg and without
. If it taken off about £450 cheaper as I wouldn't have to buy a new gastank for the other machine.

PaulKing

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 07:35:16 am »
Nice back door approach Paul ;) ;)

Honestly no  :) I'd be more than happy to pay few bob and stick it in the advert section, that's why I didn't  put particulars in, like it's a .......... Next week I' ll take piccys and list it in the sale bit. What I want to know is anyone put off by the LPG and would you pay 450 more to have it

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 08:02:25 am »
on a £4000 machine £450 might not put me off but it it was a £2000 deal then an extra £450 might be a bit off putting. and to be truthful i'm still a bit iffy about LPG, we are all familiar with petrol how it works, where to buy it but LPG. Its a bit of a new thing

I personally would not pay an extra £450 for the LPG option
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

james roffey

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 08:35:10 am »
on a £4000 machine £450 might not put me off but it it was a £2000 deal then an extra £450 might be a bit off putting. and to be truthful i'm still a bit iffy about LPG, we are all familiar with petrol how it works, where to buy it but LPG. Its a bit of a new thing

I personally would not pay an extra £450 for the LPG option

I had an LPG company vectra it was easy to find places to fill up, even travelling as much as i did, with a truckmount you would probably not go too far from home so would be easier, its a no brainer as far as i can see, filling up cost a fraction of the price and it produces zero fumes umlike a smelly diesel.

Craigp

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 09:05:22 am »
I think it's a good selling point and should help you get a small premium extra, it may sell quicker too.

Personally I'm put of by the idea of the engine running hotter (if it's air cooled) and the fact HM don't recommend it.

Not saying I wouldn't use LPG buts it's off putting.

PaulKing

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 10:11:50 am »
thanks lads. off it comes and I'll whack the boat petrol tank back in!

worth asking these questions

cheers

so who wants to buy a........... ;)

next week in the ads section,

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 03:54:49 pm »
You'll have sold it before then :)

Not sure why all the hesitance towards LPG - I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever with it.  As long as you have a couple of petrol stations that sell it within a sensible range there's absolutely no reason why you should pump petrol into a machine at £1.50 a litre when you could be paying £0.80 ???

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 07:10:18 pm »
Its free to advertise (at the moment) on there anyways.

PaulKing

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 07:19:08 pm »
i did want a straw poll, i suspected it might be the case and it will take a hour or two to switch out the tank. I can use the conversion kit for spares, jim your right most who go lpg wonder why the hesitance but thats life i guess.

PaulKing

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 12:32:50 pm »
see I've listed it in the for sale section now.