This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

creighton foyle

which supplier has done most for the industry
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:58:28 pm »
come on guys , which supplier would you like to put forward as someone who through dedication, hardwork, integrity and good customer service has contributed to our industry. no negatives just positives and reasons why.

Craigp

Re: which supplier has done most for the industry
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:25:51 am »
Alltec

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:16:40 am »
Whatever I would say to a question like this will always be viewed as favouritism. My view is when it comes to customer service I am so impressed by Cleansmart, who have supported us beyond any reasonable standard, free upgrades as development has continued on their equipment and Matt's enthusiasm for listening to ideas from his customers.

I would also commend Restormate, Hugh Crane (our local Prochem Supplier) and Alltec, who supplied our machines for many years and I still consider the Alltec Pro plus as among the best twin vacs ever developed. But it's those who constantly push the boundaries whether it's machines or chemicals and I call them 'boffins' they make our industry work. Powerburst is virtually an industry standard, and Kieth at Chemspec direct like many others is just a phone call away. I also think there are many carpet cleaners who feedback to suppliers that help all of us do a much better job because of their input. Ken Wainwright, Derek Bolton, John Bolton and Matt Flewitt (to name but a few) have all been or still are at the sharp end and are amoung the unsung hero's of our industry, regardless of any affiliation they may have, or as a user I may have, you could not deny their influence.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 06:40:26 am »
Solutions for me

I don't care about past financial problems if they are true.....
They have good products as in M power SPM and Fusion Clean, and it is delivered the next day..
Any problems with it and it is sorted out instantly....

That is what I class as good customer service..
Not had any dealings with any other supplier ( I used to use prochem stuff and got it from wherever I could ).

Billy Russell

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:58:58 am »
Hydramaster UK, Restormate, Alltec
I've dealt with a few over the years, but the 3 above stand out above all!!! Not saying no one else is any good otherwise we'd all be using the above, this is just my opinion!!!!

If we are talking about people, then Paul Pearce has to be one of the top guys on there, He's an all round lovely bloke, i've never heard a bad word said about him!! Always willing to help, always calls you back, i got a lot of respect for him!!!

Derek West, why mention him? I'm glad you asked! Its no great secret that Derek and i are friends, but anyone that as met me will say i'm very unbiased on things ( or i try to be), if i think somethings wrong i'll say!! i would say it on here more, but to be honest i got to be in the mood for typing and i'm not in the mood very often  ;D , I mention Derek because this guy has not been in the industry very long, but has changed a lot of peoples views in a very short space of time, and i'm sure he will have a long and very successful career in this industry, Tacca has gone from a debate on a forum to what it is today in a very short space of time!!! and i'm excited about what the future holds for it!!!
I'm still a member of the NCCA and just applied for the IICRC, and will continue to be member of all as i think it makes me different from others in my area and makes me stand out from the crowd!!!

Right thats my longest post of the year!!!

back to short pi**taking ones!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Nigel_W

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 08:48:53 am »
Prochem by a mile

When I started out in this business 23 years ago they were providing first class training through Ron Tilley. Many of the long term carpet cleaning professionals who are still around today will have been through those Prochem schools. Even back then they supplied a complete range of well made equipment and quality but safe cleaning solutions. They developed a large distributor network so that their products were available over the counter everywhere.

I can't think of any company that has contributed more. I am not saying they are my favourite supplier and I only use a small number of their products. However you cannot ignore their contribution on the whole.

Nigel

james roffey

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »
The water and electric companies we could buy a machine from anywhere but without water and electricity.

I can only talk from my own perspective "cleansmart" restoremate are a good company and solutions UK too

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 02:11:40 pm »
Before I answer, whose hiring?  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Buckland

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 03:12:56 pm »
Nigel's right - Prochem wrote the book here first in a professional sense - metaphorically speaking and in actuality as RT's stamp is all over the Prochem C and Uph Manual that each student gets given on finishing - it used to look pretty rubbish - dont know if they have had it properly typeset and designed yet it was really crying out for it but as for the information in it first class - met Ron Tilley when I first did my training at Chessington - he was a pioneer (an often abused word that one but in this case true) he saw the future and stuck at it - hence the Royal Warrant - you dont get one of those without someone having done some homework on them. I dont get much from them now either but their agentt network is hard won and successful and old fashioned but it works - they look in the prochem catalogue first - I dont think they have been willing to innovate of late but you cant take away the fact they professionalised the carpet cleaning business AND resisted the temptation to go down the franchise yellow poop road - hence giving indies a flag to wave...

dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 04:49:34 pm »
considering most of the equipment we use comes from the USA, I think the biggest contributors are the companies who see a need then have the motivation to bring it across from the states,

John Kelly saw the need for a small affordable truckmount so brought us  the Prowler

Nick V saw a need for a more powerful portable to brought across the eclipse then the Recoil

Craftex are also worth a mention

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 05:24:33 pm »
Ashcombe ;D

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 05:28:44 pm »
Chemdry Northern and southern limited , they have made us all more visible and pushed up prices for us all.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

PaulKing

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »
Ashcombe ;D

Shaun

now theres a name i remberer
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Gary nee

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »
My local Craftex and prochem distributor, good advise and now have their own chemicals. Next day delivery

Dave_Lee

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 08:32:24 pm »
The developers and owners of these Professional Cleaning forums, must be rated.
The info newbe's gain from these forums, for FREE, is unquantifiable. When I started over 32 years ago apart from Prochems courses, there was nowhere else to go, to find out things. It was a case of slowly, slowly trial and error - find out for yourself. The ccs that were around didn't speak to each other, they kept everything a secret less the comp finds out.
Now because of the forums we all communicate with each other and share info, tips and ideas, so heres a big cheer for the forum owners who have made it all possible.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:00 pm »
Prochem by a mile

When I started out in this business 23 years ago they were providing first class training through Ron Tilley. Many of the long term carpet cleaning professionals who are still around today will have been through those Prochem schools. Even back then they supplied a complete range of well made equipment and quality but safe cleaning solutions. They developed a large distributor network so that their products were available over the counter everywhere.

I can't think of any company that has contributed more. I am not saying they are my favourite supplier and I only use a small number of their products. However you cannot ignore their contribution on the whole.

Nigel
Ah, Ron Tilley, the father of modern carpet cleaning. Many may not know of, or heard of him, but the thriving  industry we all enjoy today was pretty much of Ron's making.

Simon

Completeclean

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 09:22:00 pm »
The developers and owners of these Professional Cleaning forums, must be rated.
The info newbe's gain from these forums, for FREE, is unquantifiable. When I started over 32 years ago apart from Prochems courses, there was nowhere else to go, to find out things. It was a case of slowly, slowly trial and error - find out for yourself. The ccs that were around didn't speak to each other, they kept everything a secret less the comp finds out.
Now because of the forums we all communicate with each other and share info, tips and ideas, so heres a big cheer for the forum owners who have made it all possible.
Dave.
As i'm only in the game a short while i'm still trying out various suppliers/products/companies so i wouldn't be
in as good a position as most ciu members to give a qualified opinion but i would have to wholehearthily agree with Dave's post,very well put.

Desi

Angelo

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 09:37:36 pm »
Alltec for me the best ...

Angelo

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 09:39:22 pm »
sorry and cleansmart .

charles911

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:05 pm »
Whatever I would say to a question like this will always be viewed as favouritism. My view is when it comes to customer service I am so impressed by Cleansmart, who have supported us beyond any reasonable standard, free upgrades as development has continued on their equipment and Matt's enthusiasm for listening to ideas from his customers.

I would also commend Restormate, Hugh Crane (our local Prochem Supplier) and Alltec, who supplied our machines for many years and I still consider the Alltec Pro plus as among the best twin vacs ever developed. But it's those who constantly push the boundaries whether it's machines or chemicals and I call them 'boffins' they make our industry work. Powerburst is virtually an industry standard, and Kieth at Chemspec direct like many others is just a phone call away. I also think there are many carpet cleaners who feedback to suppliers that help all of us do a much better job because of their input. Ken Wainwright, Derek Bolton, John Bolton and Matt Flewitt (to name but a few) have all been or still are at the sharp end and are amoung the unsung hero's of our industry, regardless of any affiliation they may have, or as a user I may have, you could not deny their influence.

100% 2 that!!