Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

irving

Pumptec Head - Ninja 400
« on: March 26, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »
Anybody have experience with the pumphead in a Ashbys Ninja 400. Took my Ninja to Ashbys for a service and was told I got a small leak from the pumphead, due to using Prochem Crystal Green. The price Ashbys gave me was around £ 222.00 plus VAT. I can easy fit it myself. The pump do take longer time maintaine pressure than it used to do. Have been looking around for pumpheads and have found heads for around £ 190.00. Ashbys promote there pumphead got a special coating which should make it last long, but this pump is less than 2 years old with a very little use! Have anybody had the same experience.  :-[
Many thanks

Aztec Services

Re: Pumptec Head - Ninja 400
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:15 pm »
I had my ninja upgraded to 400psi pump it was rubbish it lasted about 20 months in my case the motor
stared to get very hot and got slower and the pump stopped producing any spray this seemed to happen after about 2 
hours use. ashbys then fitted a150 psi pump it started leaking after 6 months i then fitted a135psi shurflo which seems to be ok there was a post on the problems with the 400 psi pumps.

Paul Condon Aztec services

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:34 pm »
20 months out of a consumable part is bad in what way? ???

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 10:23:46 pm »
Irving
Very little use might just be the problem stood with chems in won't do it any good.
Ashby's £222+ you found @ £190 seems to me Ashby's not that expensive then they are after all running a business.

Cheers Tony
p.s My  Ninja 400psi pump was going strong after 3 years with new seals as per service intervals and is still my back up machine if required
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Blacky

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 10:53:02 pm »
Anybody have experience with the pumphead in a Ashbys Ninja 400. Took my Ninja to Ashbys for a service and was told I got a small leak from the pumphead, due to using Prochem Crystal Green. The price Ashbys gave me was around £ 222.00 plus VAT. I can easy fit it myself. The pump do take longer time maintaine pressure than it used to do. Have been looking around for pumpheads and have found heads for around £ 190.00. Ashbys promote there pumphead got a special coating which should make it last long, but this pump is less than 2 years old with a very little use! Have anybody had the same experience.  :-[
Many thanks

Firstly, I would avoid Prochem in-tank powdered detergents. Crystal Green and Double clean precipitates out at high heat and causes scaling problems that drastically reduces the pumps life.
Secondly, induction pumps are over rated. Not only are these pumps expensive, these types of brushless motors decline in efficiency over a very short period of time.

I have found standard Diaphragm pumps to be the most effective. The pump will run at the same efficiency throughout its life and die only when the brushes wear out.

Good quality in-tank powders have de-scaling and lubricating property’s that actually extend the pumps life. Only use a high temp when you need it, everyday domestic jobs require 55/60oc.

Avoid using just water in the tank. The lime scale build on the rubber plungers in the head creates a stiffening effect that reduces PSI, heat also escalates the problem.
Flush any in tank acids clear of the pump after use as these can also erode seals if left in the pump.

Peter

JandS

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:53:55 am »
Mine went after 30 months but new seals and bearing
and it was up and running again.
I would be surprised if you could fit the 400psi pump
yourself, the hose fittings aren't held on by them rings
that you tighten with a screwdriver, can't remember
what they're called. They're a special fitting.
You need
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

james roffey

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »
I tend to use final phase in the tank now which i think is good for the pump

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 07:21:32 am »
well well.just noticed this post! and they say they dont get problems with these pumps! mine is doing the same!
I will speak to derek on monday,speaking to martin his son on friday I bit my tongue! after asking him what might be the problem again,he replied hold the phone to the machine,let me see I can tell!!, if he was in front of me I would have decked him,arrogant is not the word , Derek is the only decent one there,god help Ashbys whe he goes!
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

david moss

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 08:02:12 am »
Terry

Why don't you take your machine to Cesar in London.

They will sort you out, they can fix any machine plus cost is reasonable and it's service with a smile.

Terry_Burrows

Re: Pumptec Head - Ninja 400 New
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 08:16:10 am »
Hi david I know Ron very well known him for years,its about same distance to me,its just I never go to the west end any more,hate going up there,but must admit forgot all about him,I know bradly too he is very up on this stuff I will call him ta :o
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.