Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Gunn

Re: GAS CONVERSION on HYDRAMASTER 421
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 01:43:46 pm »
The Law

UK

In the UK vehicles being used for work purposes have to show stickers indicating the vehicle is carrying compressed gas.  If the vehicle is not being used for work, i.e. a camper van, you do NOT have to show the stickers.

However, it is considered good practice to have the stickers if you are carrying compressed gas.  The fire brigade find great benefit in seeing the sticker if there should be a road accident, as it helps them contain the incident more quickly.  But, only show the sticker when you are carrying gas, otherwise the fire brigade will be miss lead.

Note:  If you are showing the gas sticker on your vehicle, expect to get stopped occasionally by the police when they check how you gas is stored.

In the UK:

a vehicle is permitted to carry a maximum of 2 x 10 liter bottles of compressed gas, unless the vehicle is ventilated with a rotating rooftop device, then the limit is higher.
Flammable gas MUST be carried upright at all times.
Warning diamonds must also be displayed, if for reward. Green for High Pressure, Red for Flammable.
BS EN 1949:2002 Installation of LPG Systems – Specification for the installation of LPG systems for habitation purposes in leisure accommodation vehicles and in other road vehicles

Luc

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 04:33:52 pm »
Would it be poss to convert a boxer 318 over to lpg? Mine is costing me about 30quid a day to run as well now. So tempting considering the fuel crisis
Luc

PaulKing

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 10:23:06 pm »
I'll drop mine over on Wednesday for you to do as I may still be poorly celebrating our win over Everton so won't be working that day ;D ;)

Sorry you'll not be able to drop it due to celebrations, bet your team really sticks it to everton.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

PaulKing

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »
Would it be poss to convert a boxer 318 over to lpg? Mine is costing me about 30quid a day to run as well now. So tempting considering the fuel crisis
Luc
Yes save you at least a £10 a day

PaulKing

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 06:52:57 am »
Heard a loud bang last night and imediatly though oh no! Steve was right, went outside and my neighbour told me it was just 5under1ands cup bubble bursting and it was followed by beep beep beep which on investigation was the cup winners open top bus reversing back into the garage.

so glad I don't like football,  ;).

Billy Russell

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 07:16:37 am »
Heard a loud bang last night and imediatly though oh no! Steve was right, went outside and my neighbour told me it was just 5under1ands cup bubble bursting and it was followed by beep beep beep which on investigation was the cup winners open top bus reversing back into the garage.

so glad I don't like football,  ;).

;D ;D ;D

PaulKing

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 08:19:42 am »
Unlike petrol one thing that doesn't sell out in a panic buying rush is LPG, very handy enough diesel to last for a while might even fill up the truck mounts old petrol tank with diesel 

Also on selling out/cleaning related issues I did hear that Everton have also sold out like Newcastle, and renamed their ground, its now the Cillit Bang! Arena, something to do with removing filth from cups??? I don't get it myself? Anyone enlighten me?

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 01:01:53 pm »
Paul where do you get your parts or kit

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 01:16:32 pm »
Found this firm they will modify the kit as required ie with tank and filler or without if you are running of bottles.

http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/SPOLIS.html

Cheers Tony

PaulKing

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
used a vapour zero point regulator and a custom draw valve, liquid system are better for high supply but you need circulating hot water to get it to vaporises, it a trade off thing

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 08:15:16 am »
Hi Paul where can I get them from.

Cheers Tony

carpetsmart@tiscali.co.uk

PaulKing

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 04:39:03 pm »