This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

APWS

oil leake
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:20:36 pm »
hi guy's,
my posiden 5-67 washer has suddenly started spewing milky coloured oil out of the pump,
it's coming from what looks like a tiny pressure release hole situated at the top of the screw out filler cap,
it starts running out when the engine is hot, any idea's what it could be,
thanks.
!! if it can get dirty it can get clean !!

Matt Gibson

Re: oil leake
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 08:52:59 pm »
Sounds like water is getting into the oil somehow. Like when you blow your head gasket on your car the oil goes all milky. Not sure what would be the cause though, sorry.

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:43:37 pm »
There should be an air gap between the pump head and the crankcase with a tell tale hole at the bottom - is there also oil coming from this hole ? You will need a set of piston seals but you may as well reseal everything including the valves while you have it in bits. My old Honda did the same and I just changed the oil regularly and it just sits in the container now as a spare unit

APWS

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:28:04 pm »
thanks for the replys, will strip it down this weekend and take a look,

anz peat

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:05:11 am »
Even I think that water is getting into it.

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 05:20:18 pm »
I checked the oil once through the little screen and it dawned on me that it was low so I topped it up until the level was centre to the dot.

Then after 20 mins of the machine running I noticed oil was spewing out from the top.

I later realised the reason it look low was because the van was parked on a hill! So it didn't need any oil.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :-[

APWS

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 03:09:29 pm »
I checked the oil once through the little screen and it dawned on me that it was low so I topped it up until the level was centre to the dot.

Then after 20 mins of the machine running I noticed oil was spewing out from the top.

I later realised the reason it look low was because the van was parked on a hill! So it didn't need any oil.

nice one,

today's prediction mate,
hednesford town 2 FC united 0. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 05:21:49 pm »

nice one,

today's prediction mate,
hednesford town 2 FC united 0. ;D ;D ;D ;D

F***in' get in!

Hednesford Town 1 FC United 2

;D ;D ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 05:25:04 pm »
We'll win the play off final this year. There's too much positivity at the club at the moment to lose games.

APWS

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:24:02 pm »
We'll win the play off final this year. There's too much positivity at the club at the moment to lose games.

well done :'(