Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Thomas Mckee

Prices on leaflets
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:25:44 am »
So i need more leaflets but do you think prices on the leaflets would lead to more enqurys?? or would i just bugger myself up in the long run with the higher end of the market?
 ??? u guys got any examples for me would appreciate very much

AshWhite

Re: Prices on leaflets
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:49:18 am »
My current leaflet has prices, I've only dropped a few hundred so far but had a few calls. Got 2k going end of next week, so I'll keep you posted.

I suppose a lot depends on what your prices are, where you are, and what sort of return you'd be happy with?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 11:06:49 am »
I have always put prices on my leaflets, and got a fairly good return on them.

4-6 calls per 1000 leaflets.

I would say that it depends on if you wish to sell the service over the phone, or just take orders over the phone. Me personally I like to just take orders these days (ask Mrs Hector  ;D )

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 01:33:29 pm »
I have always put prices on my leaflets, and got a fairly good return on them.

4-6 calls per 1000 leaflets.

I would say that it depends on if you wish to sell the service over the phone, or just take orders over the phone. Me personally I like to just take orders these days (ask Mrs Hector  ;D )
Yeah, but four them are complaints ;D

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 01:36:13 pm »
Have you got a tap on my phone again Simon

;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 04:56:37 pm »
Have you got a tap on my phone again Simon

;D ;D
No, I get all the calls from your ex-customers begging with me to fix all your cock ups ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »
Fair play....
so long as I know

;D ;D ;D

peter maybury

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:42:00 pm »
The last batch of leaflet that I had printed had prices on for the first time and I have had far fewer call than I would normally. Without putting prices you can raise a certain amount of curiosity in a customer which I think motovates a call. I prefer to sell on the phone so will not be putting price on in future. With prices on there you do not have to sell to the callers but you have less calls.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 07:48:51 pm »
I agree with Peter to make leaflets work you do have to gain the call then sell the sizzle but you can't sell the sizzle without the call but that can depend on what the sizzle is! if you are selling on price then that is you sizzle but if you are selling on quality of service but at a premium then you need to gain trust ..... then hit them hard  ;D

Shaun

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:12:08 pm »
you need to gain trust ..... then hit them hard

spoken like a true Yorkshireman Shaun

;D ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 08:21:03 pm »
Better just saying, 'Prices from' rather than list your prices as that removes the need for them to call you which deprives you of a chance of converting even price shoppers.

Simon

Allan Simmons

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »
I'm with Shaun, it depends on which end of the market you're at.

I think Simon said add prices from but you could also try adding your Minimum charge to your leaflet, so you don't get calls from the price shoppers if your targeted market is higher end.  So Carpets from £40, minimum charge £80, or whatever.

Al.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 02:19:24 am »
Instead of prices would it be better saying:

2 Carpets saves you 10%
3 carpets 25%
etc
etc
10 carpets I will clean your dog free and pay you £10 for allowing me to work for you.

you get the idea.

People want bargains perhaps this is one way to do it without locking yourself to a price.

Allan Simmons

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 01:48:46 pm »
Instead of prices would it be better saying:

2 Carpets saves you 10%
3 carpets 25%
etc
etc
10 carpets I will clean your dog free and pay you £10 for allowing me to work for you.

you get the idea.

People want bargains perhaps this is one way to do it without locking yourself to a price.

Never though of advertising the volume discount specifically, will give it a try.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »
Supermarkets (probably the marketers of all) recommend money off discounts people can see how much they are saving my cousins husband works for Morrisons in their 'customer retention' dept we usually have a good chat on customer buying patterns when we meet at weddings, funerals, christenings etc saves dancing with aunt Doris.

Shaun