Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam P

watch out for yell sneaky early renewal
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:41:47 pm »
just heard from a friend that yell contacted them 5 months early to renew on yell.com, may seem all fine but what they ended up doing was renewing from the date they met and not carrying the additional 5 months on so hey end up starting a new contract with them and paying however is left on their old one for nothing.

this friend renewed as they figured they would renew in 5 months so why not get it dealt with now, but a few weeks later found the contract stated it was from signed date then 12 months later so has since cancelled with them

perhaps rare occasion but thought something to look out for

STEPHEN WINKLES

Re: watch out for yell sneaky early renewal
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:22:57 am »
Also watch out for Thomson local they have started a similar sneaky trick with the books, we got caught with the last issue. Sales rep arrived last July for a book that comes out this month saying they were working on the books early, didnt take much notice just agreed to go in as normal. What I didn't notice was that I agreed to them starting to take payments from August! when contacting customer services all I got was "you signed the agreement" quite right but very sneaky. Wont get caught again.

John Kelly

Re: watch out for yell sneaky early renewal
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 08:10:01 am »
Contact trading standards. They can't supersede an existing contract with a new one unless the new ones takes into account any discount for the remaining time left on the previous one.