Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Cleaning MF bonnets
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:05:50 pm »
Hi

Who has the best solution to cleaning up used MF bonnets?

Thanks

Russ

Re: Cleaning MF bonnets
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 05:11:33 pm »
90 degree wash with daz

;D ;D

AshWhite

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 05:11:54 pm »
Persil  ;D

Seriously, the few I've cleaned have been in the washing machine like a normal wash.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Mark Slaney

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 05:12:20 pm »

Russ

either when lightly soiled clean them straight away when your home after a job, the solution still on the pads should be enough to clean them or if heavily soiled i us hd ms, leave them soaking in your ringer bucket overnight then wash them. I always wash at 60 degrees. Never had a problem.

Mark.

AshWhite

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 05:13:27 pm »
I was reading a thread the other day, a guy using an OP system - goes through 90-100 pads A DAY! Imagine the headache of maintaining that lot!

Beat me to it Hector lol

Russ Chadd

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 05:26:19 pm »
Thanks guys...

Some people have said let them soak in a bucket with some Mpower in it...
Cleaned one last night at 60 Deg but it was still dirty when i inspected...
What about left to soak in bleach?

Cheers

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:30:12 pm »
After use I either blast them down with a pressure gun using the TM or at home stick em on the drive and hose them off, either way gets the worst of the crud out of them.

Then just machine wash as normal.

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:32:36 pm »
If you leave them soaking in bleach, then the bleach will eat away at the cotton in them. Depending on the strength of course.

They will start to look a bit grey after a while, but will still do the job just as well.

Had mine 18 months now.

I heard about all the weird and wonderful ways to clean them as in the soak in M power etc...

I have found that a good hot wash with a soap powder (no fabric softener though) does the job perfectly well.

I do not use the ringer bucket method, so cannot soak them in that as I aint got one..

;D ;D

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 05:58:18 pm »
We keep all of ours bagged up tight so they stay wet then just fling em in 3 at a time at 40deg wash.

I did find that the outside hem on them would shrink if you washed them at a higher temp.

We probably use 50-100 a day depending on the size of job.

We have 2 recon washing machines for just this task.

We get them from people chucking their old one and fix em up.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:42 pm »
Good advise guys

Thanks!

Russ

Dennis

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 07:31:53 pm »
I was reading a thread the other day, a guy using an OP system - goes through 90-100 pads A DAY! Imagine the headache of maintaining that lot!

Beat me to it Hector lol

I started off in 1990 with a franchise using pads, used to spend many a happy hour in the launderette using the supersize machines.   ;)

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 10:13:03 pm »
So far to date (and after probably after 6 years of using pads) the best way I have found to clean them is standard washing powders, what that says about 'our' cleaning products is open to discussion :o
Just to see if anything could beat Arial etc I've tried Pureclean, SPM, oxibrites and no end of other carpet cleaning products at various cycles and temperatures.

Griffus

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:49 pm »
I leave them for a good soak in the solution that was used for the clean (usually Fusion Clean). I also thro any cotton bonnets used in for a soak too.

After a good soak, wring out as usual then was in machine, min 60 degrees.

I've found this the best way to get them really clean, as good as new.

Buckland

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 06:56:42 pm »
Off topic slightly but would like some advice from the bonnet kings on here - I dont do alot of bonnet work but we did a golf club recently and I knew the best way to agitate the kitchen doorways into the restaurant was going to be with the old faithful victor 17 (i like the weight!) and I bought a couple of pc soil-sorb bonnets for the job - it worked a treat and we rinsed these areas with the tm before we did the rest of the restaurant as per rest of job (with a crb) - it was a polyprop gluedown - tough as old boots and not very new - they skimped and didnt have it cleaned last year (charged them more this year as a result)

My question is how the heck do YOU cover large areas quickly and what chems and machines do you use and what system for rinsing the bonnets off the drive board and do you bother rinsing the carpet itself after cleaning - I use SPM and get good results - but christ what a fAg rinsing the bonnets on the job - I cant see how even without rinsing it can be any quicker than just cleaning with a tm - I have always thought it should be a cheap., cheerful and above all quick way to clean large areas.

Dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

AshWhite

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 07:04:41 pm »
More bonnets?

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 07:14:56 pm »
- I cant see how even without rinsing it can be any quicker than just cleaning with a tm - I have always thought it should be a cheap., cheerful and above all quick way to clean large areas.

It's another case of being organised with (let's say) 20 bonnets.
The first batch of 5 dirty pads sit in a sink soaking. When you've got 5 more dirty pads they go in the sink for a soaking. The first 5 dirty ones get rinsed out and taken back for use.
That way you always have enough to hand for use whilst the others go through a quick clean out. This works best in a 2 person team for speed.

bennymon

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 10:35:51 pm »
how many bonnets would you use on a bog standard semi ???

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »
how many bonnets would you use on a bog standard semi ???

1 per room (12x9)
But I only bonnet on EOT which are empty and in decent condition.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 12:02:24 am »
If you are using Micro fibre as opposed to cotton bonnets then a wash a 40 deg with the residual solution is sufficient. They will not look bright white but they will do the job just as well.
I only ever used 4 with a soak, wring, dunk, 1/2 wring, on the floor cycle. This was with two operators on minging railway engineering office carpet tiles. The soak water was changed frequently. Fusion was used.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

clinton

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 08:10:55 am »
I take mine to the local laundrete and after a wash try and put them in the dryer  so not leaving them damp.in the summer i dry them at home..